• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

They skip decently, but yes I was hoping they would be stiffer as well....I've already talked to my friend who is their sales director and since then they are looking into the possibility that some of the material used for the new frost/fluid/elasto plastic may have been stuck in the machine causing these to come out gummier than they were supposed to. If you put this next to a lucid suspect it is night and day difference. It isn't a bad thing, but I wouldn't count on the production runs to be gummy like this.

Ive also talked to some of the original VIP proto owners and they have even confirmed that theirs are not gummy like these further confirming my assumption.

They're gummy too
IMG_1784_zpsd599f168.jpg

I was hoping they would be a little more on the stiff side. Still haven't found a Harp that will skip reliably. :\

Mine isn't that flexible. It's not BT Hard stiff, but I can't fold it over like the pictured disc without a ton of effort. I find it to be typical VIP plastic...a little give/bend but generally rigid.

looking into the possibility that some of the material used for the new frost/fluid/elasto plastic may have been stuck in the machine causing these to come out gummier than they were supposed to.
Funny you mention that, because when I saw the news of the frost plastic, my first thought was that it would be rad if they made Harps in it so I could carry both premium soft and hard versions in my bag. Lucid Suspect stiff was more what I was expecting.

The Harp has been my go to putter for the last 5 months.

I was big on max weight PA2's for a while but felt they were a little light in the air and hitting the chains. I won a Harp at one of the Trilogy Challenges and I haven't looked back.

My average outside the circle puts have increased 10 fold and inside has even been better.

The best thing for me is the disc hits the chains nice and hard with no float what so ever.

Oh yeah and it also feels the best in my hand out of any putter I've tried.

My 2 cents..

The Harp has been my go to putter for the last 5 months.

I was big on max weight PA2's for a while but felt they were a little light in the air and hitting the chains. I won a Harp at one of the Trilogy Challenges and I haven't looked back.

My average outside the circle puts have increased 10 fold and inside has even been better.

The best thing for me is the disc hits the chains nice and hard with no float what so ever.

Oh yeah and it also feels the best in my hand out of any putter I've tried.

My 2 cents..

impressive. not many people are man enough to putt with something like the harp.

Got to throw the VIP Harp side by side with my newish OOP pro Pig and the harp is a tad more stable but still with decent gllide. Wowzer!!

Doesn't have as big of a skip finish as the Pig so overall, the Pig wins out with overall 'fade placement' including a skip and the Harp wins in the air hence, the landing spot.

Received my VIP Harp 175g Orange. Mine is not gummy like the one above. Plastic is a bit stiffer than my Sword, and this thing is as flat as my BT Hard (which I didnt think was possible). Very excited to throw it.

I received two VIP Harps. One pink and one teal. The pink is pretty close to what is in the picture. Pretty flexible and the flight plate has some give to it. The teal color is firmer and doesnt bend as easy the flight plate still has some give to it. Neither one is as firm as an Opto Pure.

I just got mine. I've had some throws with it. Its a great compliment to my 400Pa1 Similar feel, but def more overstable.

Attachments

• harp.jpg
    harp.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 64
  • harpside.jpg
    harpside.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 60
  • pa1harp.jpg
    pa1harp.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 72
The skip on the VIP Harp is insane!! I messed up a throw and threw it low at the ground, and the disc skipped about 100 feet. It looked like a pepple on a lake. And....it ended up parked under the basket. Love it when the disc does all the work. Ha!

The skip on the VIP Harp is insane!! I messed up a throw and threw it low at the ground, and the disc skipped about 100 feet. It looked like a pepple on a lake. And....it ended up parked under the basket. Love it when the disc does all the work. Ha!

I'm very glad to hear these are skipping. The harp has kicked the zone out of the bag, but the only thing I've been missing is the skipability. Have a VIP on the way and am a little more excited to get it out there.

I used the Harp (VIP) a handful of times yesterday playing 4 courses. It was great and reliable for OS approaches. It was getting me outta trouble too. Though it was very cold out. So the plastic was slippery n rock hard, so I am grabbing a Medium for my winter rounds and Ill store the VIp for summer. I loved this disc, exactly What i was missing. More glide than Zone, more usable, but still very Overstable.

Next month when I gonro GGGT totaly checking one of these out. I like the BT Soft but it's begun to look like a deformed tire.

Just got some field throws in. Looks like the flight I've been wanting out of my Suspect and not getting. For now, Harp in, Suspect out.

Got my VIP Harp out to the course today, and it is an excellent complement to my soft Harp. Mine is white, pretty hard, and skips fantastically. I was at the pro shop and felt a yellow one and a blue one that were much more gummy, though, so I would recommend buying in person or calling the shop if you order online and are looking for a firm one to skip with.

Latest posts