• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Prodigy Peaked?

On the Nick and Matt how last night, the Disc Golf dot Law attorney recommended it's a great opportunity for Prodigy to be purchased by a competitor or entrepreneur.

^^^^^^^
This.

I was thinking it would be an opportunity for someone outside the sport to get a toehold at a fire sale price, and invest the capital to rebuild from the bottom up ("The New Prodigy of Disc Golf").

Like some large sporting goods company that want to diversify in niche - but growing - sport. Not an existing DG manufacturer.

Alternatively, a large DG retailer that wants to secure more dependable manufacturing to feed their infinitely large growth plans...

^^^^^^^
I was thinking it would be an opportunity for someone outside the sport to get a toehold at a fire sale price, and invest the capital to rebuild from the bottom up ("The New Prodigy of Disc Golf").

Like some large sporting goods company that want to diversify in niche - but growing - sport. Not an existing DG manufacturer.
While this scenario is possible, I consider Prodigy Europe to be a more likely candidate to acquire majority of shares if such opportunity arises. The difference in Prodigy's image between the US and Europe is significant, and the board of directors consists of the Paju family.

While this scenario is possible, I consider Prodigy Europe to be a more likely candidate to acquire majority of shares if such opportunity arises. The difference in Prodigy's image between the US and Europe is significant, and the board of directors consists of the Paju family.

Very true - but who knows if enough of the family really wants to stay in the disc golf business were they to be presented with an offer.

Probably just coincidence but just saw a photo on Facebook of Dunipace and Ferrans with Michael Sullivan (Prodigy co-founder) and another person I didn't recognize wearing a Prodigy hat, checking out the courses at Wildhorse for the LVC.

Probably just coincidence but just saw a photo on Facebook of Dunipace and Ferrans with Michael Sullivan (Prodigy co-founder) and another person I didn't recognize wearing a Prodigy hat, checking out the courses at Wildhorse for the LVC.

Wouldn't it be interesting if all the DG manufacturer CEOs and owners played poker on Tuesday nights, were best pals, and someone like Sullivan lost Prodigy in an all-in bet.

Gannon to Innova confirmed (after they buyout his contract).

So much snark out there!!

332189200_1221570485458087_874370092908474777_n.jpg

Does peaking imply they were on top at some point?

Nope....just means they won't go higher than they currently are (or were). Unless they were just getting ready to sell a bunch of GB branded stuff (discs, apparel), I don't see how his leaving would cost them as much as they were claiming. Heck...I don't see how it would cost them what they claim even if they were turning out GB branded items.

Nope....just means they won't go higher than they currently are (or were). Unless they were just getting ready to sell a bunch of GB branded stuff (discs, apparel), I don't see how his leaving would cost them as much as they were claiming. Heck...I don't see how it would cost them what they claim even if they were turning out GB branded items.

Prodigy seems to think GB is the only younger up and coming prospect in the world of DG.

I'm pretty certain there's a lot of undiscovered talent yet that are just as good as GB but haven't had the chance to prove themselves yet.

I'm pretty certain there's a lot of undiscovered talent yet that are just as good as GB but haven't had the chance to prove themselves yet.

A lot of undiscovered talent just as good as GB?

Are they playing on some remote island and throwing dinner plates at targets or are they just not playing tournaments?

A lot of undiscovered talent just as good as GB?

Are they playing on some remote island and throwing dinner plates at targets or are they just not playing tournaments?

So you honestly believe GB is the only 17 year old prospect in the world?

Sorry if I misunderstood you but I meant there's gotta be people out there who just haven't quite been able to be tested on a pro level yet and could potentially be the next GB.. or *insert pro name* but might either get anxious during tourney play or live somewhere where there's not a whole lot of competition due to DG not being very popular. Anxiety can be a huge handicap in the competitive world and I give huge props to those who get out there in front of a huge crowd and are able to play at their top game.