• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you had either of these shoes?

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
I had a pair of the Keen Milos. They lasted about 1 year, I thought that was pretty good considering I wore them to work everyday also. The Milo 2's are on the market and have my interest now. I called Keen and they said the new generation ones have been beefed up a bit and are reinforced etc etc.

The Milos kept my feet dry in the rain and are the most comfortable shoes I've had. For the price. I think it is worth a year or more. I don't sacrifice quality on shoes or tires. : )

Now...On the other hand I've never had Merrells. My friends have and love them. I'm sure I can't go wrong either way. Merrell boasts the names Vibram and GoreTex in there shoes.

So these Chameleons VS Milo 2, anyone have any input based on experience? Thanks. I wanna stay true to what I've experienced, but those Merrells look tough too.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/17931M?green=15678092719

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/fw10/shoes/men/trailhead/milo ii/black ! dark shadow

I love my milo's and plan on getting milo II when these wear out. I've had them about 6mos. and they are holding up great for this weekend warrior. For me its about supporting keen because they make a shoe for disc golf. I know vibram makes discs but in the great words of apothecary; "honestly, who throws a shoe"...j/k

I got my Merrell Chameleons about 4 months ago and they are starting to show only the slightest signs of wear. They are very comfortable and do keep my feet dry in conditions where the ground is wet (haven't worn them in the rain yet). My buddies are always slipping and sliding around in sneakers and I always have a good grip on any terrain.

I have a pair of Chameleon 2's and they have very similar tread to those. They are extremely comfortable but, I shredded the sole on the right foot within 6 months. Left sole looks great, right sole looks like it was in a knife fight, right where I pivot. Could be a fluke, maybe not. My Merrel Moabs are holding up great though.

My chameleons were some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn for disc golf. That said, at the time I pivoted 100 percent of the time on the ball of my foot. The chameleons probably lasted somewhere around 300 rounds of disc golf before the sole on my right foot wore out. I have not had the Milo 2s myself but the pros in the area who have had them say they fall apart in two or three months. Hope that helps.

TL,DR: Learn to pivot on your heel :thmbup:

I don't have Milos, but I do own two pairs of their hiking boots which I use for disc golf. They are great boots, can handle disc golf, climbing, and hiking with ease. Plus they make a size 14 that feels great. Keen makes great shoes.

Dont have either. But I have merrell moab gortexs and they offer good support, and are very water proof. My feet have not gotten wet once yet in them and are nice in snow. They may be a little hot in the summer bc of the gortex. I also were them to work, and they are pretty comfortable. Thry are holding up great so far and it was $100 well spent imo.

I had some keen sandals that the stitching came loose on so i contacted keen about them in November. They gave me $100 credit so I got some Milo II's. For Christmas I got a pair of Merrel gore-tex moabs. The Merrels are alot more comfortable but the Milo II's are very beefy and rugged.

I bought the moab ventilators about 3 weeks ago...I tried the chameleons on as well before deciding. The chameleons are really comfortable, but because of the zip-tie(?) style they didn't get tight enough for my liking so I went with the moabs.

I will admit though I need shoes that fit snug for athletics. I've fractured and sprained (grade 2, not that sissy stuff) ankles before In my basketball days so if I'm pivoting I need as much support as possible.

I know vibram makes discs but in the great words of Austin Powers; "honestly, who throws a shoe"...j/k

FTFY

I've had a pair of Moab Mids (Ventilators I think) since Spring. Tread is just starting to wear on my plant foot, and I use them nearly every day.

I had similar Merrill shoes, they work great for playing, but I stood in the rain once for 4 hours and my feet were soaked and frozen. I know this is not what they are made for, but I am just saying that eventually the water penetrated the material to soak my feet.

I have a pair of Merrells that I wear to play in and I love them. I actually got them at a local thrift store and they were almost brand new. I've had them for about a year now and wear them for most outdoor activities and they have held up really well. They are waterproof in several inches of water and keep my feet pretty warm (I live in Texas so that's not really saying much). My next pair will be another set of similar Merrells.

Photo33.jpg

In my experience, the merrell moabs with gore-tex hold up the best of the merrells for disc golfing. I get about a year and a half of water proof use and 2 and a half years of use out of them with lots of playing, some hiking, and some everyday wear in the winter. The gore-tex version of the moabs is significantly more durable than the non-gore tex too.

I need some help with shoes:

I need some shoes that are water proof, but that also keep my feet cool in the hot Texas summers that we have around here. I have some water proof hiking boots, but they don't keep my feet very cool in the summer, and are very uncomfortable in the summer time

I need some shoes that are water proof, but that also keep my feet cool in the hot Texas summers that we have around here. I have some water proof hiking boots, but they don't keep my feet very cool in the summer, and are very uncomfortable in the summer time

You want Gore Tex.

To the OP, yes I have Merrells and yes I do like them. I have had and liked Keens in the past, but never the Milo, and I have found Merrells to be more durable, at least in the models I have had.

Have you thought about going the opposite way for hot weather? In summer rains when it's really hot and I don't feel like wearing heavy hot shoes, I just go with meshy shoes and no socks, your feet get wet but they dry quick and aren't uncomfortable.

I live here in Portland,OR so it's wet 6 months out of the year give or take. I usually just wear slip-on style Vans (Comfortable, lightweight, grippy, yet still slick enough so it doesn't slow or stop my pivot). While they're great spring/summer shoes they're also leaving a lot to be desired when it comes to the rain and the slop.

Boots are absolutely out of the question. I like the look of the Gore Tex Moabs. However I'm really concerned about durability. The Vans tear up after 8-12mos. but I don't really care cuz they're less than $40 a pair. But if I'm going to drop $100 on some Moabs I hope I get a 1yrs+++ out of them.

Any chance people who own a pair could post some more pictures of various shoes they use for DG and...Where you live and what the terrain is like? How old they are? Quick summary/review possibly?

It'd just give me a better idea of what kind of wear and tear to expect after a certain amount of time which will ultimately decide if it's worth it for me.