• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] If you could have 3 discs back...

1) lost 1st run berg. They are worth $ now and I loved it.
2) one of my first run ions, I would sell it now instead of 4 years ago for 1/5th the current value
3) Nike (urethane blend) gateway spirit or elementX. Better than CE

1) I lost a Glow Coyote Factory second after throwing it 4 times, it was super flat and I threw it at dusk. Best 4 throws I've ever thrown with a mid, dead straight even in the wind. It hurts because these are impossible to find (not expensive, just incredibly rare) Champ coyotes are domey, close but not the same.

2) Swirly Star Mako, was also flat. Havent seen a mako like it since (I hate domes)

3) RIP my orange 10x Eagle labelled Pro but was actually champion. The nipple popped and cracked though.

1) I lost a Glow Coyote Factory second after throwing it 4 times, it was super flat and I threw it at dusk. Best 4 throws I've ever thrown with a mid, dead straight even in the wind. It hurts because these are impossible to find (not expensive, just incredibly rare) Champ coyotes are domey, close but not the same.

2) Swirly Star Mako, was also flat. Havent seen a mako like it since (I hate domes)

3) RIP my orange 10x Eagle labelled Pro but was actually champion. The nipple popped and cracked though.

Have you tried the Mako3? I've seen a couple Stars that were board flat.

Only 2 for me:

1- Blue Z Buzzz with a Founders Brewing 'Beer City USA' stamp. Had 3 aces (of the 5 I've ever had) with that baby before it went into the swamp on hole 10 at Addison Oaks

2- Hot Pink FLX Avenger that was super beat in. That disc would hold the greatest gentle annies you've seen without ever fading out at the end. River Bends hole 10 ate that one on a shot that didn't seem like it should've had any chance of getting lost on. Incidentally, this is one of the only found discs that ever made it into heavy rotation for me, it was a mainstay in my bag for 3-4 years...

Apparently I hate hole 10s, didn't realize it until now...

Have you tried the Mako3? I've seen a couple Stars that were board flat.

I have not, I'll have to look at those sometime. How are they in the wind? almost always have 10-20 mph here in KS

Probably not ideal in those conditions. Really fun to throw in calm conditions though.

I have a couple of board Star Mako3s, and from what I'm reading, of you like Star plastic, you'll like them. Champion Mako3s are pretty flat, also, though maybe not as much as the Stars. They (Champs) are really nice.

As to throwing them, the Mako3 is not meant to be thrown into headwinds, but should do okay with tailwinds as well as relatively calm conditions.

Latest posts