• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] If you could have 3 discs back...

1) Star Sidewinder- lost fall 2017

2) 12x Champ TeeBird- lost summer 2016

3) Glow Wizard- lost circa 2015

All three were treasured workhorses that had spent multiple years in my bag.

Attachments

• 2776AD69-798E-42C5-AD53-D1D482EA9D7E.jpg
    2776AD69-798E-42C5-AD53-D1D482EA9D7E.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 0CD75785-D677-4DAC-A130-7FD243FDC963.jpg
    0CD75785-D677-4DAC-A130-7FD243FDC963.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 19
1. First run Ken Climo eagles. beautiful pearl plastic. circa early 2000s.

2. Special edition Rocs.

3. Early run KC tbirds. circa early 2000s.

This list could go on and on.

1st.. the teebird I dyed in my profile pic. It caught a headwind with my horrible oat and splash. Went bought materials and built a lake rake that day to try to get it back.. never found it but found lots of others which some got returned to others some the ppl said you did work keep and alot that numbers didn't work or no name number....

2nd...the champion shark I found with lake rake that same day that had no name number or anything on was just money.. that thing just flew straight or any line I put it on... It's in same spot as teebird now.

3rd my first KC pro roc. One of the first disc ever bought it was factory 2nd and been threw hell and back and never lost it's magic. Yeah it changed flight patterns but I knew that every time I threw it.. it went into tall grass 3 of us couldn't find it after an hour of searching that feild.

Great thread topic! I was settled on my three almost instantly.

1. Glow DX Roc - My go to mid for a number of years. Used it for glow play for a few years until I dyed a battle ax on it. This was my first multi-color dye (black head and brown handle). It was meant to illustrate the "fling the other side of the disc like a hammer head" concept that Blake T was preaching at the time. I couldn't find an illustration of a hammer that I liked so I went with a battle ax. In order to get the dye to take on the Glow DX plastic, I had it floating in hot dye for quite some time. The unintended consequence was making the formerly mild domed Roc flat as a board. It became my go to mid for daytime and held that spot for a few years until I left it behind at a local course. I had my son in tow and was preoccupied with him and forgot to pick up the Roc. I didn't even realize it was missing until I finally made it out to the course again a week later. Sad day.

2. Blizzard Destroyer - This disc started out fairly overstable for me, but a spike hyzer onto a asphalt path drastically changed the flight. It became very flippy but with a dependable fade if given enough height. It quickly became my longest disc and my longest throws with it are my longest throws to this day (4 years after loss). I'd throw it with at least 45 degrees of hyzer to get a turnover flight with a late, dependable fade if thrown high enough. If thrown a bit lower, it would hit the ground after the disc had flattened, but before the fade really kicked in. This gave me a long, right curving shot (as a rhbh player) that never turned into a cut roller. I lost it while playing in St. Louis with my boy. He was about 2 at the time and riding in the jogging stroller after tiring himself out on the front 9. On one of the first holes of the back nine, there was a dense forest on the right side of a mostly open hole. I grip locked the destroyer into the forest about 100' in front of the tee. I tried to look for it, but once I was 10' in I could no longer see my boy in his stroller. I couldn't venture far without leaving him unattended and had to abandon the disc. I could get 370' fairly consistently with a full flight and 350' fairly consistently on the turnover with no fade line. My only 400' throw on relatively flat ground was with this disc.

3. Opto Fuse - Loved this disc. It would flip up from a slight hyzer and glide straight forever. This was my go to downhill disc. I had several 350' and one freak 400' downhill throw with this disc. I tried to find a backup for it, but couldn't find a similar flat top and feel. Eventually it met a fairly similar fate to my Roc. Left behind on the course while out with the kids. I might not have even thrown this one. I think my son grabbed it out of the bag, threw it, and forgot to grab it.

4 point Z Wasp. Bought used for like $5. Had only thrown it about a dozen times, but knew I loved it after one throw. Had very little fade for a Wasp. Hit a tree at about 250 ft dead on. It wasn't going too fast at that point, so I did not think anything of it. About 10 feet from it, I could see it was cracked the diameter of the flight plate. Very sad.

A couple of really beat Classic Hard Judges. Lost under leaves on two different courses. Both just off the fairway.

I only have two or three now that I would go into mourning for if I lost, the rest I would just be very annoyed about.

Last edited:
pastel factory tye dye x buzz which was the first buzz i ever had

and everything that was in my bag when it was stolen a year or two back. since then ive stopped becoming attached to discs.

however ill pour one out when i lose my red wasp <33 that one will hurt

pjhayes7 I have only lost a few discs and some like a #2 driver Lighting, I found a XL is a better version of the same disc except without the water float capabilities. I also miss a Putt'r as I now relised the first run in Elite X could have been a long putt/approach disc since joining this site. However the temptation to putt with the disc would be too much. I had to throw the Putt'r with too much speed to use the disc but if Discraft Still made the Pro D version I would have gotten one of those for a putter at the time beaucse once the Elite X version broke in just a bit, I had to give the disc power to glide but then the disc had too much glide so I was double putting 90% of the time.

Ps: If I ever loose the Pro D hard Magnet Pre 2005 stiff one I will be upset, however I will try a few solutions Like the Legacy putter like a Magnet in the stiff plastic for that disc or get a DGA Titanic, the base Plastic is better from DGA then Discraft.

Last edited:
1. yellow dx shark: one of two first discs, first ace disc, super straight low power hyzer flips and intuitive distance control. It was my choice throw in disc.

2. '15 sexton firebird. the one of four that i decided to throw, left behind on the course. Loving the '16 i have bagged and has got beat to a real nice state but everyone knows throwing a '15 is the coolest.

3. old school circle stamp viper: great baseline plastic, really unique awesome flight. super stable, lots of glide, something to just really mash on with some extra torque.

Pink Opto XXX.

I left it on a hole after putting, went back for it a few holes later when I realized it was gone and someone had picked it up, didn't call the number on it, and when I asked all the groups behind me of they saw it they all denied it.

It was my best OH and FH disc and was a birthday present from my friend who got me in to DG.

Glo Z Stalker.

First disc I ever bought new when I started playing. Threw it into some woods and couldn't find it. Got a call from someone who found it, but couldn't make the meet up work at the time.

Mainly want it for sentimental reasons. I don't throw Stalkers anymore, but I have them in every plastic except Glo and that was my first one.

My first River.

It was Lava shift red. Went into a pond full of deep mud and never found it.

It was perfectly understable, not Stable like the second one I bought or super flippy like the third. Also, it was beautiful.

2. '15 sexton firebird. the one of four that i decided to throw, left behind on the course. Loving the '16 i have bagged and has got beat to a real nice state but everyone knows throwing a '15 is the coolest.

Pink Opto XXX.
I left it on a hole after putting, went back for it a few holes later when I realized it was gone and someone had picked it up, didn't call the number on it, and when I asked all the groups behind me of they saw it they all denied it.

All I can say is ouch, esp. the 15 Sexton! Those be worth some $$.

Swirly S-line DDX - Lost in a pond (and it looked like it should have been right on the edge :( :(

My original Buzzz wasp tooled - Another pond

Stalker that I dyed a sick Black Panther face on - Traded it....WTF was I thinking ??? :( :(

1- OG Anthon Destroyer - Gave it to a friend and it was his favorite and farthest flying destroyer ever. He lost it a couple years back and the only others I had were gray and a swirly pink. Gray would be lost fast and he doesn't like to throw pink.

2- Stickin' Putts stamped Serpent. Got the first ace on a new course I helped install. Lost in a ditch that was behind a green and we didn't know it was back there. Water was super muddy. Meh, sour.

3- Seasoned old Firebird that I let go #sploosh on Selah Lakeside when I was pretty drunk. That was dumb.

1. Gave away a 2nd run CE Teebird 8/10 no ink because I didn't know what it was.

Threw a 4x JK Valkyrie (one of the CE plastic runs for those not familiar) into high grass at sunset. Searched until true darkness and came back at 8am the next morning. Entire field was already mowed and I found the chewed up carcass right where I thought it would be.

3. Sold a pair of brainwave dyed 2008 worlds Drones when I shouldn't have

I used to play primarily at two courses right along the Colorado river. Several of my discs ended up in the drink due to either winds, griplock, or simply my being new and not very good. The only three I can think of that I really wish I had back are a couple old C-Line PD's and an ancient, perfectly beaten-in Star Destroyer that was my first driver I had any success with.(forehand)

1st run Yellow Plasma Anode to an overflow from a pond dam, under rocks, at Greystone in NJ. Not tagged

1st run super grippy and flat White Fission Photon to a pond at Jones West in Emporia Kansas. Tagged but it's been 2 years

Neutron Vertex brand new 2ND day throwing it at Yetter Park in PA to a raging Broadhead Creek from all this snow and rain. Normally a calm section of the river. It was chocolate brown with white caps. Spent 3 days the following week in my waders looking but the current was still pretty strong. It's probably in Philly by now. Not tagged.

I sorta got the Anode back as one popped up for sale this past fall brand new and unthrown but I'm hesitant to ever throw it. It's not getting me birdies sitting in a plastic sleeve in the closet, but it at least it eased the pain as that was my favorite disc I've lost to date.

I had a pair of black TP Cactus Cyclones.

Lost the heavy in '96 in a creek just before dusk at Cal Young. Hit a tree and it headed right for the drink. No way to see it in poor light.

The 150 class flipped over at Lazarre Point. Found a deep pool off to the right, trying to stay out of the Ouachita River on the left. Had to have been in '03.

I threw a 90's vintage EXP1 in the Lake at Coleman. The stability had all but gone and I grip locked it.

Had a couple of others that were much newer but those 3 hurt more than others...

^^3 days in waders looking for a disc?
A little obsessive I know. 2 hrs each day. I did manage to get 5 other discs for people in the process. So I guess it wasn't a total waste of time.

Latest posts