• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] If you could have 3 discs back...

ILUVSMGS18

Just Another Disc Hoarder
If you could have any 3 discs that you no longer have (could've been sold, lost, traded, stolen, etc.), which 3 would they be. Please include a story of what happened, why you want it back in your response and pics if you have them.

For me it would be:

1) White R-Pro Rhyno (Ontario tooled):

Reason: It was warped and perfectly beaten for all my tricky approaches and as a get out of jail disc.

What happened to the disc: I believe it was either lost or stolen at a track meet of mine.

2) Orange Echo Star Destroyer (E-DS penned):

Reason: It was the first driver that I could reliably throw 350' with decent accuracy, I've tried ~10 Destroyers to replace it, and other similar drivers and haven't found a good replacement, though the Shryke looks really promising.

What happened to the disc: I had it in my front yard along with a bunch of other discs, and it was 1 of the 4 that went missing.

3) Orange C-CD3 (Konopiste Open stamp):

Reason: Closest replacement to the E-DS above. Tried another C-CD3 and a S-CD3 and neither one flew the same as the first one.

What happened to the disc: I threw it over a pond that it should've easily cleared, until a wind gust of at least 25 mph decided to flip it over 40' from the shore, into the pond. I haven't seen it since.

The attached pic is of the CD3 13 holes before I lost it, wedged into the base of a tree.

Attachments

• 0506171529.jpg
    0506171529.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 52
1. Star Firebird that I had a custom Phoenix dye on it. Stolen at a local park while doing fieldwork. That one hurt pretty bad.

2. First run Ape, hit the pole on #17 at White Oak and then rolled into the pond. Which drops off to pretty deep right at the lip.

3. Pearly FAF Firebird, just vanished while playing in Las Vegas. Either a guy in the group in front stole it or it got caught in the top of a tall pine tree.

The rest suck... but those sting.

FR Volt lost in the wild of Idle...

2x Barry Leo lost in the water of Idle...

Einstein Motion lost in the pond at Basil Griffin...

Actually, scratch the Motion. The one I've had since is just as good. The first Axiom Vanish I bought was just a perfect disc for me. Easy long flips and effortless rollers. Since I lost that one, I cant seem to keep one in my bag for more than a couple rounds without losing it...5 total so far... I gave up on them for a awhile, lol.

Last edited:
FR Opto Pure - only ace disc I don't still have
FR Opto Striker - lost HSS faster than LSS, and I would love to have the line shaping abilities with my BH
Grid Stamped Aviar - only Aviar I ever trully enjoyed putting. Found and cracked this disc on the same hole and course, hole 10 at Idlewild

1. MVP Neutron Impulse. Lost in the lake on the home course.

2. Champion Mako3. Nice light blue color. It disappeared, and I suspect I left it behind on the range after practice. That Mako3 flew really well; hated to lose it.

3. Champion Shryke. Also lost in that same lake. Might've been a good disc for throwing into headwinds. Alas, I hardly knew ye, Champ Shryke...

FR Opto Pure - only ace disc I don't still have
FR Opto Striker - lost HSS faster than LSS, and I would love to have the line shaping abilities with my BH
Grid Stamped Aviar - only Aviar I ever trully enjoyed putting. Found and cracked this disc on the same hole and course, hole 10 at Idlewild

I thought for SURE you were going to mention the Glo Z Zone you gave to me!

2006 Throwback Champ Rancho-- blue one with gold foil. It was my first CHamp Roc, and I fell right in love. I got it out of the used bin at the old Huklab for like $12. I have several Champ Ranchos nowadays. But I love that one for sentimental reasons. I gave it to Stardoggy when he was throwing Rocs. He doesn't throw Rocs anymore.

Dayglo 1.1 QOLF-- my first zippertop. Was seasoned perfectly. I threw it into a pond at Highbridge. I was drunk. And Paul had just gotten us all quite tall.

Dayglo 1.1 QOLF--put it in to replace the one I lost at Highbridge. Flipped it into 30 foot tall wall of blackberries. I still look in there, two years later, every time I play Blue Lake.

I thought for SURE you were going to mention the Glo Z Zone you gave to me!

2006 Throwback Champ Rancho-- blue one with gold foil. It was my first CHamp Roc, and I fell right in love. I got it out of the used bin at the old Huklab for like $12. I have several Champ Ranchos nowadays. But I love that one for sentimental reasons. I gave it to Stardoggy when he was throwing Rocs. He doesn't throw Rocs anymore.

Dayglo 1.1 QOLF-- my first zippertop. Was seasoned perfectly. I threw it into a pond at Highbridge. I was drunk. And Paul had just gotten us all quite tall.

Dayglo 1.1 QOLF--put it in to replace the one I lost at Highbridge. Flipped it into 30 foot tall wall of blackberries. I still look in there, two years later, every time I play Blue Lake.

Why would I want back a frisbee from one of my favorite golf memories?

Perfectly beat 168g MF Wraith that I threw into a raging torrent that is just a trickle 90% of the year.

Only 1. A World's Star Tern. Reason? It was the longest disc I ever threw and the flight shape in low wind was that perfect max out deal to the right with a good return. I have gone through multiple Star, G* and a couple expensive as heck Worlds and have never found one like it. I don't even know how I lost it.

Out of the first 3 discs I bought, all blue Elite-X, I only have the Xpress. Would like the X2 and XL back. Both lost in the gorge at Oak Grove.

1. Champ Super Stingray - It took me 3.5 years to work this into a flippy turnover disc. It disappeared from my bag a couple of years ago and I haven't seen it since. I have been trying to work in others since then but end up losing them before they hit the sweet spot.

2. R420B - Prototype of the infamous Vibram 420 / Solace. I was hurting for cash and sold it a few years ago for $45. Probably would be worth a lot more today.

3. R419B - Prototype of the Vibram UnLace. Lost at dusk and got too dark to find it. Left on vacation early the next day.

• Discmania 2nd run C-FD, the beefy one - gave it to my son, and he lost it.

• Reddish Glopto Saint I threw into a lake because of early release - have its twin, but I loved that disc.

• Gold Line Boatman I lost in the woods.

HM to the TC Evidence I sold.

1) A Z Reaper that I found with no name when I played back in 2005, clear with some kind of club stamp or custom dye. Some of the better shots I remember from back then were with that thing. I found it at NE Lions park blended in with some dry grass, and then I lost it at the same park 6-9 months later. Probably got poison ivy looking for it.

2) Z Predator (old mold, like a Tsunami I guess?) that I also had from 2005, and which is one of just a few discs that I still had when I got back into the game in 2015. It was beat enough that it acted like a faster, longer Teebird for me. No turn unless you had a bit of a headwind, and awesome for forehand and backhand throws. I lost this once, then a guy called me back after finding it (but some lame local store had resold it, and fortunately the finder only saw my name). I then lost it at Redhawk park in Tulsa in May 2017 and was willing to say goodbye given the nastiness of the creek water it was in. Trying to replace this disc has made me buy about 4 Tsunamis recently, and I may not be done yet...

3) Z Crank, max weight, with some kind of tournament stamp. Obtained in a misprint pack, max weight. It had some dome but still a decently high PLH. Good, clear red Z plastic, and a great distance driver for me, especially forehand. I lost it on an ill-advised 2nd drive in a fairly open hole but with bushes all over and some weird gopher hole type things. I still can't believe I didn't find it, after looking for ~45 minutes. Morals of the story: a) throwing 2nd drives is risky, and b) watch very carefully where your disc goes. I lost that one in Pawhuska, OK, at the Lodge, Moccasin Creek course. Highly recommended.

1. The blue night shift orc with the buffalo stanp used top be my main driver.
2. The crazy overstable pink champ wraith that i have no idea what happened to it.
3. The red night shift orc with the buffalo stamp that was my backup driver

...2) Z Predator (old mold, like a Tsunami I guess?) that I also had from 2005, and which is one of just a few discs that I still had when I got back into the game in 2015. It was beat enough that it acted like a faster, longer Teebird for me. No turn unless you had a bit of a headwind, and awesome for forehand and backhand throws. I lost this once, then a guy called me back after finding it (but some lame local store had resold it, and fortunately the finder only saw my name). I then lost it at Redhawk park in Tulsa in May 2017 and was willing to say goodbye given the nastiness of the creek water it was in. Trying to replace this disc has made me buy about 4 Tsunamis recently, and I may not be done yet...

The old X Preds are worth looking at too. I have a friend who crushes them on big flex lines. As hard as he throws they have been surprisingly resilient.

1. Brand new Vibram Lace, bright pink orange granite. I was used to throwing a beat in Lace, and on the first throw of the new one it was more stable than expected. It flew into into the woods, not far from the basket, but never seen again. The next day Vibram announced they were leaving the disc golf business.
2. Random discs that I've given to buddies just starting out and they keep them or lose them. One was a new recycled blend Lat64 Rakaten that my friend surprisingly flicked 350ish past the basket into mangroves.
3. Ok, not a disc golf disc, but I had a really sweet orange ultra-star that I got at an ultimate tournament. It was from U of Stanford, and their team logo is the eye from Clockwork Orange. I had it for a few years, never used it. I took it to a pick-up game and someone must have swiped it.

1. A Discraft Impact from 2007 ace race, lost to a collage course nasty water that course now is much nicer and totally resigned.
2. A lightweaght beat in DX Shark PFN for downwind midrange shots, gave that to a friend.
3. A pre 2005 hard stiff Pro D Magnet, I lost this one on a course during a tournamnt in late 2006 (burgundy red is not a good color). I still had my other blue hard Pro D Magnet pre 2006 so I got a newer of same disc the softer hard Pro D Magnet, was the further putter that until August 2017, Hit tree on hyzer putt a few weeks before and could not fix the disc. Currently Use two Jawbreaker with Sharpie of Stamp Ring the Pro D has with one labbled Approach disc for long and or hazard putts (More beat in) the other Putter on it and got the old blue one for windy days though not winter and Too hot days the Jawbreaker gets too soft/flexible. All are Magnets I currently own are 173-174 grams. I like the Jawbreaker discs better, feels like the R-Pro should feel or Prostyle plastic Lighting/GGGT uses too for my U-2 my current uphill downhill putter till one of my Jawbreaker putters breaks in, most likely the Longer/Hazard putter.

PS: Sorry Post is long

1. & 3. are the ones I really want back.

Last edited:
1. Champ Super Stingray - It took me 3.5 years to work this into a flippy turnover disc. It disappeared from my bag a couple of years ago and I haven't seen it since. I have been trying to work in others since then but end up losing them before they hit the sweet spot.

2. R420B - Prototype of the infamous Vibram 420 / Solace. I was hurting for cash and sold it a few years ago for $45. Probably would be worth a lot more today.

3. R419B - Prototype of the Vibram UnLace. Lost at dusk and got too dark to find it. Left on vacation early the next day.

Impact is very similar to the Champ Super Stingray, has nearly the same line just a touch faster is all really according to Discraft's new numbers chart. Only Flaw is that disc comes in ESP as only plastic choice now. As they do not make the Super Stingray anymore.

Last edited:
Both discs I've lost in a lake. My first high speed driver, a day glow destroyer on the day I bought it. And a 168 first run aftermath that bomed

Latest posts