• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you heard of "Guts" frisbee?

I carry GUTS discs and DDC discs and courts in my car all the time...you never know when there might be a game. DDC is probably my favorite disc game.

Attachments

• 100_7809.jpg
    100_7809.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 12
DDC stands for Double Disc Court. Frisbee tennis. Two players on a team, each team in their own court. Two courts 15 meters square, 13 meters apart (or maybe its 13 meters square and 15 meters apart).

The game begins with each team having a disc. On the count of three, two, one, throw each team throws toward the other team. Your disc must land and stay in the other teams court. You must catch the disc and then return. If you land or throw out of bounds, the other team gets a point. If you drop an incoming disc, the other team gets a point.

First team to 11, 15 or 21 wins. The ultimate goal is to get both discs in the opposing teams court at the same time...and that's Double Disc Court.

Here's a link to a DDC video.

John Houck is doing the commentary. Video quality is not great.

Last edited:
DDC is fun too :D

YOu can play guts with a ultimate disc, just increase the distance between the teams slightly. We played it in my ultimate team all the time with normal ultimate discs.

Just dont try to catch with your throwing hand ^^

there is no way i'm going to stand there and be expected to take a plastic disc in the face or groin if i don't catch it as it's hucked at me by skilled disc golfers. no way i'd do this shyte, amusing to watch but i think i'd pass on participating. i wouldn't even want be the one throwing the shots at people

DDC stands for Double Disc Court. Frisbee tennis. Two players on a team, each team in their own court. Two courts 15 meters square, 13 meters apart (or maybe its 13 meters square and 15 meters apart).

13 meter squares... 17 meters apart. (or is it yards?).

I couldn't ever figure out why it wasn't set up so people could use a football field to make an impromptu court. It should be 15-15-15... then you could play on almost any football field that had lines. You would just need sidelines. ???

DSCJNKY

13 meter squares... 17 meters apart. (or is it yards?).

I couldn't ever figure out why it wasn't set up so people could use a football field to make an impromptu court. It should be 15-15-15... then you could play on almost any football field that had lines. You would just need sidelines. ???

DSCJNKY

It's meters.

I have courts...bought them about 20 years ago from Wright Life in CO. I haven't played DDC in years but I've used the courts set up next to each other for Dodgebee games with the neighborhood kids.

I had a old girlfriend whose step dad was on a competative team at MSU and seemed pretty hardcore about it. They use a certain sized frisbee and many wear gloves (like a batting glove) to most likely soften the impact. All I know is I would NOT want to be on the other end of a pro. It comes FAST!

Latest posts