• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you heard of "Guts" frisbee?

Easy

Birdie Member
GUTS / DDC

Anyone play GUTS or Double Disc Court ?

GUTS can get pretty wacky sometimes...mooohahahaha!

I have done GUTS a few times, still dont know all the rules but I know I took a few to the face that weren't too fun.

Gotta give style points for trying to catch it in your teeth. Just be sure to keep the boys protected!

We use to play guts in the hallways of the dorm. It glides off that paint cinder lock nicely. :popcorn: Dude steps out of shower room and turns into a hummin' 165 lid across the brows as it comes off the wall. :doh: Down & Out Cold!! :eek:
His bushy eye brows help hide the bruise.:|

I wish I was better at DDC... the VA States are only a month and a half away.
DSCJNKY

Wear a cap when you play GUTS, quick turn of the head can save you. F--- saving the point, I want my teeth!

Cap-n-Cup, its a good thing!

Sounds like a mouthpiece might be useful as well. I've never played guts, but it actually sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

But I've never actually heard of double disc court. Got any useful links to information about the game?

We used to play DDC a lot here. For a couple of years there would be a few show up on Tues. & Sun. It was tough keeping it going during the cold months, and the high winds here are difficult to deal with.

2 years in a row we traveled to Denver for DDC events. Super COOL! Getting to play against the best players in the Southwest was great. Even though we got schooled each time, we learned a lot. Plus, those guys were a fun bunch. Some heated competition which was fun to watch, and some fun Freestyling on the side. :hfive:

We played GUTS in the dorms until it was banned. That's what I get for going to a Baptist college.

We played GUTS in the dorms until it was banned. That's what I get for going to a Baptist college.

I could see it getting banned if you were playing it IN the dorm... outside though??? That would be a little too much.
DSCJNKY

Yeah, I know. This will be my first all around. Focusing mostly on my Freestyle and Golf game to score points (although that will be hard)... and my overall disc skills to get me through the rest of the events.

I don't even know if I'm going to play DDC cuz I don't have a partner. Are you going to be there?
DSCJNKY

I saw some video of Climo doing that before(or after) a tourney I believe.

Would be pretty fun if you were doing it with anything other than a driver. :)

vlcsnap-2386780.png

There is no way I'm standing 20' away from Avery Jenkins and letting him throw a disc at me at full power.

Guts is so much fun....its 40 feet or so and it is whizzing when it gets there