• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hazard question

Qvisten

During the weekend I played a hole with a hazard area surrounding the hole. If you did not land in an area around the hole marked by logs, you were in the hazard area and you needed to continue playing from where you landed with one stoke penalty. There was not any dz on this hole.

But what happens if you fail to land in the marked area on the second try? Do you get one penalty for each missed try or just the one for the first throw?

After a bad first throw where I ended up in the hazard zone, I had some trees between me and the marked area, so I missed on the second try also. My playing mates decided that I should receive one penalty for each missed try but is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like an island hole, but the people who set it up realized that going back to the tee pad each time you missed the island would really slow things down....so they made it a hazard to save time/throws. One penalty throw each time you miss the island. Much better than going back to the tee pad, taking a penalty throw, and throwing again....and again....and again.

Latest posts