• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Headed to Colorado

jannimal

Hey guys, I'm headed to Colorado February 1st for about a week. I'll be landing in Denver, going to Fort Collins for a few days then most likely heading back towards the Denver area for a few days before catching a flight home. I want to do some disc golfing while I am there but need some advice on where to play. I've researched the course ratings within an hour of Denver but want to know what conditions the courses are in and what is most worth going to play and wont be a frustrating round with too much snow. Any advice is helpful.
Thanks, Adam

If you're going to be in Ft. Collins, the best local course there is Edora. Oxbow in Windsor (20 min. away) is worth a trip. If you have time though, make the trip out to Ft. Morgan and play the Optimist and Pessimist courses. It's an hour and a half from the Fort, but worth the trip. They're 45 holes, and Pessimist is the first DiscGolfPark course installed in the US. You will need a full open day to make the trip and play those.

As far as playing in snow, there's no way to predict that weeks ahead of time. Generally, it's hit or miss, and the snow from a previous storm usually melts before the the next storm comes along. At that elevation, there's usually not snow on the ground for more than a week at a time after a snowstorm, but it depends on the severity of the storm.

Thanks man, I didnt know the first disc golf course was in Colorado. That's definitely going to be on my list now.

Just to clarify, not first disc golf course, but first DiscGolfPark course.

Last edited:
So just an FYI, it's been over a month now and the snow is still here. Hasn't melted. It's been incredibly in-disc go,f weather this year. Jeffmonty gave you great courses to hit in the area. Fun course not mentioned near foco is called clp or cache la poudre. Very short 9 hole, like could get all nine done in 15 minutes if you were cooking, but it's under some beautiful canopies and is very picturesque.

As a side, optimist and pessimist are freaking sweet courses.

And to temple of doom, go troll elsewhere.