• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading East (WI, IL, IN, OH, PA)

I can do wed thu tue fri whatever....just need to know what courses you'd like to give a shot and your itinerary....theres more than a day of courses round here

GDI! Between work, renovations, and another baby on the way, I don't have time to play for the foreseeable future, otherwise, I'd love to play a round or two with ya Martin. Have fun in Allentown. There are a lot of quality courses in the Lehigh Valley. Given the volume of courses you've played, I'd be curious as to your opinion.

martin Im not sure what your itinerary is and I have no idea what your goals are but if your in the region the must plays are (sorry if this seems forward just my opinion)

Nockamixon
Jordan
Sankanac

Nocky 18 has nearby sister courses that are worth it (Tinicum 18/Sellersville 9/unami 9)
Jordan 18 has nearby sister courses (Little Lehigh Parkway 18 and South Mountain 18)
Sankanac 18 has nearby French Creek 18

To the north you have the Pocono Triplet courses of Yetter 18, Francis E Walter 18 , and Hickory Run 18
and to the South there is Tyler and Sedgely (both are 27 holes)

delaware is loaded with disc golf including the SSA par 72 beast Iron Hill and a bunch of amazing DG courses designed by top pros

In short there are just a multitude of dg options to choose from

I am closest to Nockamixon Unami Sellersville Tinicum....hope this has helped you out some

Theres a slew of other courses in eastern PA that are of decent quality but most agree that Nocky, Jordan and Sankanac are the most popular (Im partial to Nocky, South Mountain, French Creek, and Iron Hill as these are heavily wooded

I'll keep this thread updated with my itinerary.

Today I'm going to cruise through the slew of 9 holers south of Allentown.

Tomorrow start at Nockamixon at 8am, followed by Tinicum, then Alexandria.

Thurs, South Mountain, Little Leigh, and Jordan.

Two of the nine holers are solid (Unami & Sellersville). The rest probably won't *yawn* keep your attention.

Otherwise, your itinerary looks like a ton of fun and I'm jealous. Depending on where you stay, you might pass DeSales University on your way to South Mountain. Their course is better than some of the crappy nine holers that you might play and might be worth a bit of your time to check out. If you had to eliminate one of the three courses you mentioned for Thursday to play DeSales, then I'd scrap it for sure.

FYI, if you're going to stop by Desales, a couple of holes had construction going on around them (3 & 4 mostly) so be forewarned. However with winter break the course should be mostly clear of students.

I'd play South Mountain with you on Thurs. as it's only like a mile or two from where I live. However there's this pesky little work thing that gets in the way of playing DG....

I'm going to do Jordan Creek right now I think with DaRoc, tomorrow will look the same, Thurs then South Mountain, Desales, and Little Leigh.
Friday More and more
Saturday, probably a few more
Sunday... Hows Christmas at Sedgley and Tyler sound?

New Years is the BIG party at Sedgely ...its basically discapalooza with every disc golfer in the region drinking and being merry. Probably the funnest disc party you ever would experience. Picture 200+ disc golfers all having a blast and playing at once. Yeah I said 200+ lol

re: Sedgley on Sun 12/25... the tag league starts at 11a prompt playing 18 of the 27 holes. I'll be there Sat 12/24 playing and selling discs 11a-5p. Can't make it on Xmas unless it gets a lot warmer out.

Yes, NYD at Sedgley is a big party w/ 100+ golfers and many more come just for the festivities. 12p "one round from blue". The party starts when you arrive.

Latest posts