• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Heard the buzz now rocs.

No .... it isn't. :doh: And no ... 'stable' doesn't refer to some middle ground of a made-up rating scale. Stability is used as a measure ... going from not stable (or understable) to very stable (or overstable). In fact, a Roc is MORE stable than a Buzzz - meaning it has MORE stability and is closer to overstable.

Buzz is more stable than a roc.

Last edited:
No .... it isn't. :doh: And no ... 'stable' doesn't refer to some middle ground of a made-up rating scale. Stability is used as a measure ... going from not stable (or understable) to very stable (or overstable). In fact, a Roc is MORE stable than a Buzzz - meaning it has MORE stability and is closer to overstable.

You are wrong. In the spectrum of stability the roc is overstable when compared to other discs ofthe same speed. The buzz is not as overly stable

"In fact, a Roc is MORE stable than a Buzzz - meaning it has MORE stability and is closer to overstable."

And THAT is how you earn an ignore.

You are right, but let me repeat what you said. In the spectrum of stability the roc is overstable when compared to other discs ofthe same speed. The buzz is not as overly stable

You are wrong. In the spectrum of stability the roc is overstable when compared to other discs ofthe same speed. The buzz is not as overly stable

Both of you are right...

It depends on who you talk to. But most people consider a disc with a very straight path to be neutral, not stable. A roc in most peoples definition is considered more stable than a buzz. I used to think the way you think until recently.

Stable is a pointless term unless comparing discs to each other. A roc is more stable than a buzz, and a fire bird is more stable then a roc.

I have a 180g 2008 champ roc that is my overstable, a 158 flat zonedriven champ (could substitue for a semi beat KC or those lightweight JO rocs flat!) that covers my straight buzzz-like shots, and a really beat flat KC Pro 180g for hyzerflip to gentle turn or straight turnovers.

I was in your shoes as i made the same switch, wasn't too hard just had to get a little used to the new feeling in the hand and i was set.

You cant be "more stable", its relative to the distance youre throwing and the speed/spin. But you can fly overstable or understable in varying degrees imo.

Oh darn im on ME's ignore list, my life is over....

Last edited:
You cant be "more stable", its relative to the distance youre throwing and the speed/spin. But you can fly overstable or understable in varying degrees imo.

yes you can....a comet is "more stable" than a buzz. a buzz is more over stable than a comet and a metor is more under stable than comet. Generally people misuse more stable for over stable or "this disc is more stable" usually means "this disc is more over stable"

i agree it is still relative, but consider a disc flying at its correct power/speed and this is the case.

yes you can....a comet is "more stable" than a buzz. a buzz is more over stable than a comet and a metor is more under stable than comet. Generally people misuse more stable for over stable or "this disc is more stable" usually means "this disc is more over stable"

i agree it is still relative, but consider a disc flying at its correct power/speed and this is the case.

Those statements arent true without distances...
At 400 ft is a comet stable? Not like it is at 300, right?
Stability is directly related to its ability to hold the line a disc is on and how far its going imo. They are terms for characteristics of flight under different circumstances.
So generally stating that this disc or that disc is "stable", "overstable" or "understable" is usually incorrect but is used anyway for easy descriptions of flight.
Anyway, this is getting too nit picky, agree to disagree i suppose.

Comets are stable at 400' if you aren't oating them to get there.

OP: DX and KC rancho at whatever weight you prefer. When I threw rocs I'd carry a 180 kc pro for os shots, a 175 kc I used as my go to so it'd be more worn in, and a beat dx for water holes and more neutral lines. Like other have said unless you have a bad habit of throwing your mids with 350' of power off the tee right into a tree rocs don't get flippy anytime soon.

I'd also second checking out MVP mids. Rocs are one of my favorite discs I've thrown but they got replaced by the Vector and Axis for a reason.

Precisely why I pointed out that he pretty much just repeated what I said. The confusion seems to come into play when someone thinks "X disc is more stable than Y disc" means it is somehow more 'neutral'. It's semantics ... if 1 is understable (let's say a Kite) and 10 is overstable (let's say a Champ Firebird) - I would obviously not describe a Teebird as being "more stable than a Firebird" unless I were confused as to how people referred to stability and was confusing the plain use of the word stable for something 'neutral' (like a TL ... which would probably qualify as around a 5 on the aforementioned scale).

A Roc is more stable than a Buzzz ... and by more stable - I mean closer to the overstable (10) end of things.

Both of you are right...

Not true; either semantically or in reality. You've confused "more stable" for "neutral/straight flying". Anyone who has thrown a Comet and Buzzz will tell you that your statement makes no sense.

yes you can....a comet is "more stable" than a buzz.

A stable disc is middle ground. Otherwise you would not say over or under.

However many people think "more stability" means more overstability. It is common terminology that people overlook because they understand what you mean.

Thanks for everyone's opionions! This thread turned into more of what's stability mean lol
But I'm hearing 180 kc pro. What's max weight for rocs? How does max weight compared to 174?
I play at a wooded corse and trees get in the way all the time. And my corse is 18 with around 300ft -450ft. I no y'all print play at longer corses. But it's what's here. I'm hearing a kc pro, and a dx ranco. Whats difference from ranco and regular dx?

Thanks for everyone's opionions! This thread turned into more of what's stability mean lol
But I'm hearing 180 kc pro. What's max weight for rocs? How does max weight compared to 174?
I play at a wooded corse and trees get in the way all the time. And my corse is 18 with around 300ft -450ft. I no y'all print play at longer corses. But it's what's here. I'm hearing a kc pro, and a dx ranco. Whats difference from ranco and regular dx?

PLASTIC TYPES FOR ROC

What kind of roc is your favorite

What's so great about the ROC

Champ vs. Star vs. dx Roc

Rpro vs star roc

Roc vs classic roc vs buzz (Poll)

Different rocs

Roc Experiment

Roc buying guide: different types of Rocs

people get confused when you say a disc is more stable. most people think when you say more stable you mean more overstable. In this case I think you mean the buzzz is more nuetral (more understable than a roc)?

No, I mean the buzzes I've thrown have been overstable compared even to a brand new 180 kc pro roc. The buzz SS is simply stable to me, but the 165 z buzz resists turn and fades hard, at least for me. I threw an esp buzz once though that seemed less os. Thought it might have been a buzz ss. Couldn't tell.

No, I mean the buzzes I've thrown have been overstable compared even to a brand new 180 kc pro roc. The buzz SS is simply stable to me, but the 165 z buzz resists turn and fades hard, at least for me. I threw an esp buzz once though that seemed less os. Thought it might have been a buzz ss. Couldn't tell.

I have never had a buzzz more overstable than any Roc. Roc is generally agreed to be more wasp like, I think that may be a stretch. Marshall street has the Roc listed as more overstable than the buzzz as does Joe's flight chart.

Last edited: