• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello, Friends!! Newish gal in Colorado!

I started playing a little bit last Summer here in Gunnison but I didn't really take it seriously. In fact, I was terrible so I shrugged off the notion of playing all together! THEN, I started lifting seriously and gained some muscles! I started discing again this Summer and noticed with my new strength gains my drives were already better. Hungry for more I started watching youtube videos to help my form (I'm still definitely working on this, I huck it up crazy high sometimes) and noticeably was doing better and better. I then decided to work on putting and this immediately brought me to a new level! I started watching tournaments, mens and women, on youtube and now I am addicted to disc golf! Currently my best is 3 over par for a 14 hole course!!
Thanks for listening to my introduction! Glad to finally be part of this great forum and disc family!

Welcome, and enjoy the sport addiction.

Welcome to the addiction.

If you are on facebook, check out the group discgolf4women.com. It is a great place for women players to connect.

Welcome from North Carolina! Enjoy; it's a great sport!

Welcome to the site. I used to live in Gunny, Gunnysack, Gunrack, whichever variation you prefer, lol. I also lived up in the Butte for some years. I was the FedEx Express driver in Gunnison County for 12 years. I really loved my time living there.

I played the Mountaineer course when it first went in, around 1998/99, I think it was. It says 2011 on the site here, so I don't know what variation of the original it is. I remember it being a pretty rustic course at the time. I guess you have a few more other course options there now as well.

If you get down to Denver, make sure to play Johnny Roberts, I think you'll like it. It's in Arvada (North Denver). Good luck, and HAVE FUN!

Hmmm ... weight lifting and disc golf ... two of the most addictive activities known to man ... er, woman ;)

Howdy!!

Welcome to the site. I used to live in Gunny, Gunnysack, Gunrack, whichever variation you prefer, lol. I also lived up in the Butte for some years. I was the FedEx Express driver in Gunnison County for 12 years. I really loved my time living there.

I played the Mountaineer course when it first went in, around 1998/99, I think it was. It says 2011 on the site here, so I don't know what variation of the original it is. I remember it being a pretty rustic course at the time. I guess you have a few more other course options there now as well.

If you get down to Denver, make sure to play Johnny Roberts, I think you'll like it. It's in Arvada (North Denver). Good luck, and HAVE FUN!
Hey, thanks for commenting! I have lived here just over a year and love it! I have yet to play the mountaineer course but enjoy the course behind the elementary/middle school. There is also a course on Mt. Crested Butte and another course in Crested Butte near the nordic center! Wonderful to have so many options! I will definitely check that course out if I head up north! Thanks for the tip!

Welcome! I get to the gym too and throw some plates around. Good times. I've read that the obliques are mostly responsible for trunk rotation, and have added side bends to my routine (in hopes of more throwing distance on the course). Let us know if a particular weight lifting movement helps with your distance!

Latest posts