• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello from NOVA...

FredVegasDGC

Double Eagle Member
This is my intro to the forum...

I started playing back in'86 while at UFl in Gainesville, Fl. I have been lucky in that everywhere I lived there were multiple courses. Orlando, Bowling Green Ky, and now Northern Virginia.

When I moved up here I stopped playing for a few years and just recently started playing again. The biggest challenge is learning the new discs since all my old DX plastic it too old to throw anymore.

Now I'm starting to get back in to the fun of it all having all these new websites & forums like this I can connect to all the folks that enjoy DG as much as I do.

I look forward to meeting & hopefully playing with some of the throwers out there.

Kevin

Welcome back to the game Kevin! This site is great, but always take everything you read on here with a grain of salt because while others might have different ideas that work for them, they aren't you. Try the things that folks have to say and find what works best for you! We're looking forward to you contributing to this site! Good to have you here!

I went to the Innova website for research & the Star Leopard was the first new plastic I bought. I also replaced my classic cobra I cracked the other day. The newest disc I had was a old style ROC with a '92 World's Biggest stamp on it.

I also bought a Champion Beast & Sidewinder, Star Stingray & a Gator.

Loriella has a weekly every Thursday night at 6:00pm. Get out there and join their club. It's a pretty good group of people.

If you have old plastic, you might be able to make some money in the Marketplace....fyi
also welcome......

A couple of things....

#1. Fredericksburg is NOT in NOVA...it's Rappahannock or Central VA! ;)

#2. There's a play it again sports in Fredburg that's a good place to pick up some X-out plastic, and they usually have a good selection of funky stuff from Gateway/Quest.

#3. When it's open, the "Blockhouse" (used to be the Grange) has a huge pro shop, with TONS of plastic. It's located on Blockhouse Road, on the other side of Spottsylvania Courthouse from Fredburg. The Blockhouse is a destination for disc golfers all around the region, so feel blessed to have it in your back yard!

You may also want to get to know about Hawk Hollow, which is located nearby as well.

Have fun!

Loriella has a weekly every Thursday night at 6:00pm. Get out there and join their club. It's a pretty good group of people.

Thanks, I work weeknights. I have been to Loriella on Sundays when the Chain Gang club is having random flip doubles for $1. I declined.

I've been around too long for that anymore. I've never been a power thrower. When I was at my top and playing tourneys all over I was a Par golfer at best.

When you play in these cash doubles a guy like me if you don't get teamed up with one of the best throwers you are pretty much out of it. If the group has been around a while they all know who the best are & try to team up with each other leaving players like me on the outside.

Everywhere I have ever played doubles it's always the best few players that battle for the cash and if they get teamed up with each other you might as well just hand over the cash.

or....... when a better player like myself ends up with a good player I sometimes am uninspired and just shoot mediocre. It's always a challenge with a lesser skilled player and I usually step up. That's my way of spreading the wealth.

Welcome to the site! I'm curious about the 'Vegas' theme, especially where you didn't list it as a place that you've lived.

welcome, I am sure we will run into each other if you stay active on the forums and on the courses. I am over on the other side of DC

welcome, I am sure we will run into each other if you stay active on the forums and on the courses. I am over on the other side of DC

there is no doubt you will run into prerube if you ask any questions without using the search feature :thmbup:

welcome to the site!

Thanks for all the comments...

A couple of things....#1. Fredericksburg is NOT in NOVA...it's Rappahannock or Central VA! ;)

Since the 'Burg is in the Virginia 1st district and only 50 miles from the northern border then we are in Northern Virginia. :)

or....... when a better player like myself ends up with a good player I sometimes am uninspired and just shoot mediocre. It's always a challenge with a lesser skilled player and I usually step up. That's my way of spreading the wealth.

Sorry Chris if I sounded like a prick about the doubles thing. But after 25+ years of playing that's how it works out for me. I'm sure the locals that play the doubles are good people it's just as soon as any money is put in to the mix even if it's just $1 it changes everything.

At this stage I'm through competing I just want to have fun, try to improve a little and get some exercise. If I can join up with someone every now and then than that would be a bonus.

Latest posts