• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help In Golden Colorado. Near Denver Need Course

bclark21

Can anyone tell me the best courses near Denver? I saw what the review said, but which are the best ones within an hour of Denver or more that are worth the memories?

Try Beaver Ranch/Conifer, Johnny Roberts Memorial in Arvada, or Expo in Aurora. Good Pay to Plays would be Phantom Falls, Jellystone or Ghost Town, although I think Ghost Town is free but you need permission to play. Oh, and Bird's Nest is good, too. This should get you started.

I appreciate it. Any one in particular?

Don't know what kind of player you are, but if you're relatively new, Johnny Roberts or Bird's Nest would be the best options for you, and those 2 are the closest to Golden, too.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Last edited:
Within an hour, without reservations for a tee time... Beaver Ranch, hands down. Top ten course, about 40 minutes away. $3 to play<and please pay, it's going directly towards concrete tees>, and you have 20 holes of mountain bliss...

NO smoking!! We have a situation here now, and fire is killing people. Other than that, have a memorable round.

Less challenge, more fun????

Ghost Town. Don't plug in your nav until you're in Blackhawk, or you'll end up on logging roads.

Dest:Blackhawk, Co..... Then use the coordinates here once you're in town.

You're welcome, and have fun!!

If you are in Denver on a Thursday night you can pay $5 to play Colorado Heights University DGC during tags. Otherwise you are not allowed to play this course without a $50 season pass. It is not as good as Beaver Ranch, but it is the best course in the Denver Metro area.

Taking a trip with some friends up to CO from austin in july. we are staying in evergreen. Just wondering if there are any courses that we HAVE to play. So far we have beaver ranch, mountain meadows, phantom falls, bailey, and ghost town on our list. Missing anything?

Beaver Ranch quite possibly saved me and my car an insurance deductible last July. Yep, its that good.

Taking a trip with some friends up to CO from austin in july. we are staying in evergreen. Just wondering if there are any courses that we HAVE to play. So far we have beaver ranch, mountain meadows, phantom falls, bailey, and ghost town on our list. Missing anything?

Up north a bit is Red Feather Lakes. There are 2 courses there that make for a fantastic disc golf destination. Both courses are on par with Beaver Ranch.

Mountain Meadows isn't open yet. You might contact Paulie from Phantom Falls to see if he'll let you play.

Beaver Ranch, Bailey, Ghost Town (hear is awesome), Jellystone.. Mountain Meadows is opening soon, Phantom Falls if you get a reservation. If you can spend a weekend in the Pine area and just hit BR, PF, MM and Bailey it'll be a weekend you won't forget.

if you are coming up and you hit Colorado Springs in the afternoon or Weekend I'll take you to Sakuna Pines and if you have time either coming or going on I-25 you should stop at Jellystone to get a taste of mountain golfing without the higher elevation. Is a very good course and it's right on the Interstate.

We're flying into denver and then heading up to the mountains. I set up a tee time with paulie for PF and seems like mountain meadows will be open while we are there. I think youre right fishy, seems like if we just stay up around that area we will do just fine. Ill just have to add sakuna, jelly, and red feathers to my wishlist until our next trip up there. Thanks guys. :thmbup: