• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Help me find the right Putter.

Depends on your definition of easily available but I'll plug the RDG Serpent here. Beadless, comes in stiff, good feeling plastic and is stable-overstable.

Glides like a brick though but I find that a positive for putting.

Serpent is a cool disc. I putt with it, mainly in windy conditions, not the best long distance putter but really reliable.

Atom is straight like that but much faster.

Sounds like a Beadless aviar is a good choice.

the Gateway discs have many many options.

It sounds like you may want to do a lil research and see which will fit your needs.

HARP is basically beadless and Overstable and fun to putt with. I am a fan of the Atom, Serpent, Harp and of course aviar. its hard to say, putters are so personal

for fast OS and thin = BT Hrad Harp
Fairly fast, straight and sweeeet = atom
Fairly slow, glideless, straight and mild stable finish = Serpent.
all around good putter, your choice of MANY aviars

yeah reading the posts reminded me. Good choices here: Prodigy Pa2 (or 1 really) in 300 or 350-for firm ; Discmania P2 ; Kastaplast Reko ;

If you like the aviar the most maybe try a yeti mold aviar. There is a bead but it's pretty small. It's built to be very concaved. It glides much better than the classic aviar and is much much much straighter. Plus they are very stiff and the grip on them are amazing. Not very good throwing putters but by far my favorite putting putter. They just feel great in the hand I feel like.

I've seen the Gateway Warlock recommended as a more available, less expensive Mcpro. Gateway makes some really nice feeling plastic, and if you order from them directly or go through someone like Phantom Discs you can get pretty much exactly what you want in terms of feel.

This, exactly this. A stack of Soft Warlocks and OP is set.

I also suggest the Serpent, but it is very glideless and can take some time to adjust to, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Ditto the Spike, which I love but is definitely different, in a good way, than the Judges with which I used to putt.

If you like a Wizard and Aviar, and want a stiff but grippy plastic that is stable to over stable and is durable.... then I;d look at the Kastaplast Reko and Berg in K3 plastic. Neko is like a small bead Wizard/Aviar, and Berg is a stable brick that feels good in the hand.

I second this!! Just picked them both up, the Berg is a fantastic upshot disc and the Reko is IMO the best damn putter I've ever used...And I've used them all (well most) certainly all the ones you have and most of the ones people are suggesting here. I highly recommend the Reko it increased my range and make percentage immediately.

Last edited:
Warlock. It's a beadless aviar in gateway's superior base plastic

^ this. Had I found these earlier, I'd be all in. But I've come to embrace the Wizard's bead. And they run more Wizards in more different plastics, which, I suppose, is both s blessing and a curse.

Last edited: