• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help Me Win 9 Baskets for Course Expansion!

jhgonzo

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Greetings friends,

I recently bought an entry into DGA's Dream Course Basket giveaway, and while I'm hoping my raffle ticket is the lucky winner, I've also gone the extra step and written an essay for chance #2 at winning the second set of 9 baskets. If you feel so inclined, please head over to Facebook and vote on my entry here; you can vote every day up through July 18, and I'd appreciate any votes from DGCR as I'm going into this for completely unselfish reasons...if I win, the 9 baskets will be used for course expansion at LTC Cleveland, and if for some reason the campus won't allow extra holes, I will donate at least 6 of the baskets to local courses in need (in which case I'll probably keep a couple to put around the yard).

As far as I know, to vote on entries you don't need to approve a third-party app or give away any info; this just takes you to the voting page.

Vote for "Spreading Disc Golf Love in a Small Wisconsin Town" here: http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/93874/voteable_entries/20413661?ogn=facebook

If by some stroke of luck I win BOTH the essay and the raffle drawings, I want to make an official statement that I will donate 9 baskets to Paul Rothley, whose essay entry I thoroughly enjoyed, and if anyone's essay deserves to win beside mine :)p), it's him.

Good luck to any other DGCR members entered in this contest!

I've done the same thing. My essay is called A Community Course. You can vote for up to 5 per day. Please vote for DGCR Members!

If I win, the baskets will go to Clayton, GA for a course there...they have land but no funding right now. All will be given a nice home in the North GA Mountains...a place that was just hit by tornados last night and could use some good news...

Thanks!

I just wanted to clarify, 'cause this has been driving me crazy and I can't change it -- at the end of my essay I state, "Maybe my dream course description doesn't have an exotic or fanciful _FAIL_, but..."

I had done some final editing and reworded a few things, and somehow "ring to it" got snipped out, and I realized what I'd done about half a second after I clicked "submit." Mega d'oh! Well, at least for me. Just had to vent about that.

But anyway, thanks for your votes! I have no way of checking what my vote totals are (I can only see friends who've voted), so this will be a really anxious few months for me.

Hey, it's all good. You can vote for up to 5 entries per day, so if that's news to ya, by all means...

I'd love to get some votes too. A Community Course is my essay. I'm sharing votes with you, too. I'll even have my wife start voting for yours...I get her to vote daily on mine.

I'd love to get some votes too. A Community Course is my essay. I'm sharing votes with you, too. I'll even have my wife start voting for yours...I get her to vote daily on mine.

No prob! I'll help you and Paul out, since so far we're the only 3 DGCR members I know with active essays. Good luck!

I just logged in my votes for today. I'll have my wife log her votes in before the night is done. If we can get all DGCR members to vote for members here, we should lock up three of the top 5 spots and have a solid chance of one of us winning!

I wish we could see our vote totals...this is gonna kill me for the next few months! I can see which of my FB friends have voted, but it doesn't say how many times each of them voted, and I know a few of my friends are spreading my link amongst their friends. I wonder what the vote totals will be, or if they'll even release those numbers...

The top five in terms of votes will go to a finale. Then the folks at DGA will decide. It'd be pretty cool if one of the active members here one the course. Even cooler if one of us one a nine hole course from the raffle and another one won from the essay...

The top five in terms of votes will go to a finale. Then the folks at DGA will decide. It'd be pretty cool if one of the active members here one the course. Even cooler if one of us one a nine hole course from the raffle and another one won from the essay...

...and like I mentioned earlier, there's a small possibility someone could win BOTH the random raffle AND the essay contest for 18 baskets! If that happens to me, I said 9 would go to Paul, but if he declines I'll certainly entertain other suggestions since it'd be selfish of me (albeit AWESOME!) to keep all 18 when so many other deserving projects are in the works. I only need 9.

My essay is still running on the "most votes" section (as is yours, Sadjo), so hopefully our entering early will pay off!

Good luck to all members one here going for their Dream Course... I hope a DGCR'er does win!!! :thmbup:

Last night I had my oldest son vote for all three of the DGCR members. I'm working on my sisters, my parents and several other disc golfers to do the same. I know that I'm getting at least two votes everyday from both me and my wife. Some days three with my oldest son.

Good Luck!

Bump!

Adam, good job keeping your entry in the running! However, I'm gonna start begging for votes now that I've been kicked off the Top 5...it seems most of my Facebook friends are reluctant to vote (rightfully so, with all the spam and third-party apps that are out there), so COME ON, WISCONSIN DISC GOLFERS!!! HELP ME WIN!...or at least one of us on DGCR!

Oh, and Sadjo...I've been trying to vote for yours whenever I can remember to...thanks for helping me! (sending friend request, BTW!)

Bump!

Adam, good job keeping your entry in the running! However, I'm gonna start begging for votes now that I've been kicked off the Top 5...it seems most of my Facebook friends are reluctant to vote (rightfully so, with all the spam and third-party apps that are out there), so COME ON, WISCONSIN DISC GOLFERS!!! HELP ME WIN!...or at least one of us on DGCR!

Oh, and Sadjo...I've been trying to vote for yours whenever I can remember to...thanks for helping me! (sending friend request, BTW!)

I saw where you dropped off and I dropped to 5th. I've been voting for all three DGCR members daily and trying to get my wife to vote daily. I believe I'm getting her to vote daily for mine...hopefully she is voting for the other members here.

I just sent a facebook request to the City Manager of Clayton where the free course would be installed and asked her to vote and request all of her life long friends in the community.

Good luck!