• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me with my form please

Also, I was wondering if the next time I upload videos, would it help if I added videos taken from behind/rear?

Yes, the more the better, I prefer rear view when only using one view.

One note is that your practice strokes are all wrong. You don't move your shoulders an inch. It's very difficult to take a practice stroke like that, then make a good actual throw. I suggest making sure during practice strokes that you get your hips and shoulders turned just like you would during a real throw so you have the feel right before you go into your runup. That said, I also agree with everything the posters above me have said.

I'm thinking of picking up 5 discs that are exactly the same so I can work on the hit backwards. I think this will help me because I don't have to think about differences in the discs and their flight mechanics. I was thinking of a nuetral mid. Any suggestions?

Comets have a slow, neutral flight path that will accentuate any flaw in your throw:

Off axis torque - wobble like a mofo
Over torque - turn and burn/roll
No snap - falls very short
Nose up - Hyzer stall

When thrown correctly, you know it. With good snap, level, and smooth the comet will fly on a straight, slow line 250+ effortlessly. It'll also hold a hyzer line and anhyzer line until it comes to rest.

After weighing them on a gram scale, I now have a 175, 176, and a 177 z comet. I have noticed from my form practice that my draw has become much better. I am also seeing that I drop my elbow in the hit which causes my wrist to break resulting in an anhyzer release.

Practice has been humbling. I only get about 175 feet from a standstill no reachback throw. I take it this means I am not snapping the disc. I'm not sure how to put any more on it. Very frustrating. Any ideas? Would more videos help?

On the up side, my lines are getting much better.

This link is extremely helpful, however I was talking about no reachback. I get the 175 feet from just shifting my weight from back foot to front. The disc starts on my pec. There is no reachback.

Latest posts