• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help us out, vote for frisbee golf

Midnight?!?! What's is going on? How is river grove lately? Still private?

Yea, as far as I know. I haven't played out there in over a year, but I have a friend that lives in Kingwood that plays there all the time. I am looking to head to him home one Saturday with a few friends, and ride in the back of his truck to the course, so we don't get towed. I don't think that course will ever be open to the public again. The people in charge just won't budge. We even offered to pay a yearly fee.

It's a shame the ball golf course is being closed because of this:

'An Ohio Tax Commission ruling determined that the City must now pay property taxes on its golf courses. This means CRC will incur approximately $70,000 in property taxes annually for Dunham. "The Dunham Golf Course is already operating under a deficit," says CRC Director Chris Bigham. "It's just not possible to cover this additional expense."'

I don't play ball golf, but this is crazy. Next the Ohio Tax Commission will determine that property taxes will have to be paid on public swimming pools because the city charges to swim. Big government greed...

Can we please not turn this into another political thread? There is a forum and plenty of other threads on this site to complain about the government.

The course is closing down. Disc golf in the area could get a boost because of this. That's a good thing, not something we need to politicize.

Course Layout

HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 out
White 111 228 83 116 155 100 109 149 259 1310
Par 3 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 29
Handicap 7 2 5 6 4 8 9 3 1
Gold 85 199 64 91 100 72 88 126 236 1061

Looking at the yardages and pars... they won't even have to change the course layout for disc golf. This was a short little 9 hole course. Encourage the city to locate their Parks Department offices in the old clubhouse. The maintenance will be better.

Can we please not turn this into another political thread? There is a forum and plenty of other threads on this site to complain about the government.

The course is closing down. Disc golf in the area could get a boost because of this. That's a good thing, not something we need to politicize.

Point taken.