• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hidden Greatness

Wedge
It has replaced my Buzzz on rounds when I only carry 3 and when I carry my full bag I find I reach for it more often than any other disc

Putter: Warlock, a really solid disc. But the beaded putters shine above it (BB Aviars, Challenger, Wizard, Ion)

Mids: Comet, I know it gets fanfare but it is a stupid useful disc. Pairs well with Roc.

Fairways: Cyclone. Best learning driver I have found.

Drivers: I'm going to have to go with Dave D on this one and say the Viking/XS. I am really surprised more people don't use them.

a dx cro can do anything once you beat it in. i putt with them, rollers, approach, drives...you name it.

Thank you!

As far as new discs go, you could forget these things exist they are so rarely mentioned. Too bad for those that don't realize how nice they are.

I concur sirs........This disc has definitely knocked a few strokes off my game.

Also Squall ya'll......DGA doesn't get a whole lot of love but their proline plastic is a great value and the Squall blows the nuts off the BUZZ and ROC. (ok maybe not but I love it)

I would say the Comet is an underrated disc though it's popularity is growing. The Stratus is definitely underrated imo. Also Millennium discs are almost completely overlooked. I love my OLF, QOLF, and my QJLS. All three are superb discs.

Although it was in every bag 10 or 15 years ago, the Cyclone isn't as popular today as it should be. Love me some ESP Cyclone!

Condor

Great for up shots, getting out of trouble & rollers. Works great off the tee in certain situations as well.

I think all neutral stability discs are significantly under-rated ... the meteor, the TL, the wraith ... a good golfer can make these discs act over-stable, neutral, and under-stable.

However, I think the one high speed driver that gets less respect than it deserves is the Sidewinder. This disc in sub 170g weights will be a tremendous under-stable addition in your bag - rollers, anhyzers, hyzer flips. At 175g, they start out nearly neutral stable, and will beat into awesome hyzer flips. They require good technique to throw properly, which benefits the thrower tremendously. You'll learn arm speed, snap, and proper arm to release angle.

A disc that I don't see many people using in my area anymore (I think it's because it's not the cool fast driver in Blizzard plastic) is the Orc. I can consistantly throw it farther than almost anyone my area. People will ask what I threw, then say something like, "oh yeah I remember throwing the Orc, but it won't go as far as _____." Greatest control distance driver IMO.

Hornets didn't seem to catch on as much as Vectors and Pains did, but I like the hornet the best. The Z plastic is cheaper than MVP and Lat at most retailers.

And OLF's are the best kept secret in disc golf. But i never told you that.

I think all neutral stability discs are significantly under-rated ... the meteor, the TL, the wraith ... a good golfer can make these discs act over-stable, neutral, and under-stable.

However, I think the one high speed driver that gets less respect than it deserves is the Sidewinder. This disc in sub 170g weights will be a tremendous under-stable addition in your bag - rollers, anhyzers, hyzer flips. At 175g, they start out nearly neutral stable, and will beat into awesome hyzer flips. They require good technique to throw properly, which benefits the thrower tremendously. You'll learn arm speed, snap, and proper arm to release angle.

always got love for the Sidewinder.. been throwing them since i started i will always have at least one in the bag

i see way too many discs here that are anything but forgotten or underrated. ha.

but the answer is: panther.

another Millennium disc

the CE EXP 1 (1.6 and 1.7 runs)

absolutely awesome
at max weight they are super beefy
at lighter weights they are great straight flyers with dependable fade at the end

no one in my area throws them...thankfully

and I think there is only a handful of people on here who throw them

"only" a speed 7 disc so generally ignored I think

paired with a River...oh my