• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

John is the only admin on the facebook page. I hope you get your refund bro. Id like to know if you do it would restore a glimmer of hope.

Thanks man, my thought too. Again, not holding my breath but we will see and i'm really hopeful. If I do, I will certainly try to go back at some point, maybe next year if it's still up and running.

Very excited to be headed up to Highbridge this week! I Facebook messaged John and asked if he'd mow Bear, but never heard anything back. I don't want to badger him, but I want to make sure the renewed maintenance kick extends to that course. Can't wait to see how this trip compares maintenance-wise to our last visit, which was about a month after Infrasound '16.

Very excited to be headed up to Highbridge this week! I Facebook messaged John and asked if he'd mow Bear, but never heard anything back. I don't want to badger him, but I want to make sure the renewed maintenance kick extends to that course. Can't wait to see how this trip compares maintenance-wise to our last visit, which was about a month after Infrasound '16.

I played Bear last Saturday. A few holes could use some mowing but its as good as ive seen it.

So theres a wedding going on tomorrow 7/7. Just a heads up some stuff may be closed without warning. Poor couple was promised 3 cabins in December now they have 1 and were told to duck in the woods if anyone sees them out playing disc golf. Not what two people who are getting married want to hear. Sketchy as always up here but somehow it keeps on surviving.

For anyone who cares or wants an update:

I have yet to receive any money from I assume John. I messaged him back on Facebook and he read the message and chose to ignore the question. I'm pretty confident this means I will not be getting any of the down deposit. With this being the case I am most likely done with these courses/people. Some of the best courses in the world in my opinion, such a sad reality as to the people running it. Maybe I'll stop by and play some rounds without paying just to get my money out of it but now that I have moved the chances are slim to none for a few years.

So theres a wedding going on tomorrow 7/7. Just a heads up some stuff may be closed without warning. Poor couple was promised 3 cabins in December now they have 1 and were told to duck in the woods if anyone sees them out playing disc golf. Not what two people who are getting married want to hear. Sketchy as always up here but somehow it keeps on surviving.

Just seems like this is getting more bizarre all the time. A disc golf course that you have to duck in the woods if someone sees you playing disc golf? What sense does that make? And what would happen if they didn't duck in the woods and just said they were playing disc golf? Just makes you wonder if the dust is ever going to settle with this whole situation.

Just seems like this is getting more bizarre all the time. A disc golf course that you have to duck in the woods if someone sees you playing disc golf? What sense does that make? And what would happen if they didn't duck in the woods and just said they were playing disc golf? Just makes you wonder if the dust is ever going to settle with this whole situation.

Yea good point. Ultimately the entire situation just is not worth it anymore. I would advise people to stay away from here on out unless something drastic changes (new owners or something?) unless you're in the area anyway or driving through.

That explains the work being done to the Honka yesterday. We were out there all day and didn't run into John at all. Headed back today, so I'll provide an update if I get one.

Oh, I hope not. The entertainment value, to someone over 1000 miles away and quite unlikely to ever play there, is wonderful.

For anyone who cares or wants an update:

I have yet to receive any money from I assume John. I messaged him back on Facebook and he read the message and chose to ignore the question. I'm pretty confident this means I will not be getting any of the down deposit. With this being the case I am most likely done with these courses/people. Some of the best courses in the world in my opinion, such a sad reality as to the people running it. Maybe I'll stop by and play some rounds without paying just to get my money out of it but now that I have moved the chances are slim to none for a few years.

Sounds like you have a lifetime pass now.

probably so busy due to people trying to get in one last round at HB or make their first trip before it's too late.

all this talk has me thinking about an impromptu trip in the next few weeks

We played Granite and Blueberry on Thursday and Gold, Bear, and Woodland yesterday. The courses are all in surprisingly good shape, with all fairways at least somewhat cut and playable. I'd still recommend long pants, but based upon our past experience and feedback from people who play regularly it seems like this is about as good as it gets.

Bear is the most difficult course I've ever played out of my ~350 by a significant margin. Brutal, but a lot of fun. I'm glad to say I played it and happy to never play it again.

There were about four or five other cars of golfers there and about a dozen or so vehicles there for the wedding when we left yesterday evening. John and Abby were super busy prepping the Honka, and we hardly ever saw them. We managed to avoid John altogether and had a brief, very pleasant conversation with Abby. All in all, it was an awesome trip, fulfilling the most important goal of a visit to HBH:

Idk, and don't really care as long as we can frolf.

I don't know if it was a wedding, but there were a ton of people there. Tons of kids running around everywhere and taking hell rides on the golf carts.

Well it's been a few weeks and still no refund. He continues to tell me online that he "will put the check in the mail tomorrow," and has yet to send any money. This will be my last update on this unless i miraculously receive payment but it's also probably the last time I stay a weekend there. I always give people a chance and they stay in my good graces until they do me over once and, well, this appears to be the once.

So there was supposed to be some sort of bluegrass and non-sanctioned tournament in a couple weeks. Got cancelled and pushed back to September. John said he will refund anyone who can't make September. Want to guess how many actually get refunds?

So there was supposed to be some sort of bluegrass and non-sanctioned tournament in a couple weeks. Got cancelled and pushed back to September. John said he will refund anyone who can't make September. Want to guess how many actually get refunds?

I'd rather guess how many actually paid for a bluegrass festival / disc golf tournament at HBH in advance.

If the over/under is at 20, I'm taking the under.