• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I'm supposed to go there with like 6-7 others at the end of next week. I'll be really disappointed if I can't play Gold, and if BB is really in that bad of shape...

Is it really that bad? Anyone have pics?

tPIvkzw.jpg

My group is schedule to go up a month from now, I hope it is in better shape. I also hope that John will respond to my e-mail and text with a question for him about cart availability and costs.

My group is schedule to go up a month from now, I hope it is in better shape. I also hope that John will respond to my e-mail and text with a question for him about cart availability and costs.

You need to call. John doesn't do well with technology.

You need to call. John doesn't do well with technology.

Which is funny, because the website says that text is preferred. But yeah, I texted him like 3 times over 5 days and got no response, but he picked up when I called.

Sad news. It was soaking wet but pretty damn nice when we were there a few weeks ago.

Bear was in rough shape before the festival and they really made no apologies for it. The festival was their priority and so they just were letting Bear go, for the time.

I'm sure Abby had a lot to do with this festy being there. On our first trip up there ever we had spoke with John about past festivals and concerts they had there and he said never again. This particular festival had to relocate from their previous location because the people there were not happy with how they treated the land. This is absolutely ridiculous! As we head up there in the fall end of September I really hope all will be kosher by then. Never heard better news about HBH then when I heard Abby was gone and now she had to of course come back and now she has topped herself with the damage done. If I'm wrong about it being her idea then I apologize, but I truly doubt that I am.

And why would they ever do stuff up on the hill? Why not down by the night course/camping area? Ample room and not so much of a big deal if things get tore up or littered upon. Not that I wan't to see that happen at all up there.

I'm not on the book of faces, but my friend was saying that Abby is once again on there ranting about how John is a fraud and blah, blah, blah, and she's leaving again.

I really, really hope that's true.

Wow, that looks terrible.

We were up there a few years ago and went to go use the showers only to discover about 5,000 unwashed ravers at the chestnut mini course. They didnt mess up the courses then, but it was surprising and pretty disappointing. I remember that "DJ Burn One" was a performer listed:\

1Roy I believe what you're talking about is the previous experiences that turned John off to the musical events there. I have no idea why he can't realize that Abby isn't a good fit up there. I think he has to be hitting that or blinded for some reason lol.

And even the festival goers are pissed, I looked on the Infrasound FB page and it is nothing but people saying it was the worst experience they have ever had at a fest and that it was so unorganized. People saying they couldn't get drinking water and that the set times were all shifted with out notice just a joke. I have nothing against "ravers" or any one but these things need to be held at appropriate venues not parking on some of the most amazing disc golf fairways in the country!

1Roy I believe what you're talking about is the previous experiences that turned John off to the musical events there. I have no idea why he can't realize that Abby isn't a good fit up there. I think he has to be hitting that or blinded for some reason lol.

A couple handjobs go a long way, apparently.

I wonder if any of the wooks used the baskets as grills.

Join is ultimately to blame. I however wouldn't be surprised if Abby did have something to do with the festival coming there.

They obviously have no real experience managing the grounds. When a promotion company throws a festival on private land, you dictate what they can and can't do.

If they disagree you say goodbye, that kind of stuff should be written into contracts.

Something tells me there wasn't any papers signed.

I'm sure some money changed hands though and Abby got to party and ingest whatever she wanted for a whole weekend.

Screw her and screw John for letting the place get trashed.

Vacation...........

This is all a real bummer for me....:thmbdown:

I will be staying in Ashland at the end of the month for about a week, figured to play a lot at High-Bridge. Now I will see the conditions when I get there and maybe make a trek over to the Duluth area for a day.....

:confused:

Usually this time of year I would go to Lemon Lake, but don't want to support the goings on there.....:thmbdown:

Now these new/on going problems at High-Bridge.....:wall: