• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 03/01/13: Rockburn Branch in Elkridge, MD

Brall

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Rockburn Branch
in Elkridge, MD
Rating – 3.49

51 Reviews

Hole #3
Pin A, Par 3, 283'
Pin B, Par 3, 374'

No Hole Details or Hole Tips

Hole #3
e63e7f6a.jpg

Hole #3
a28edbf2.jpg

Map
a320c127.jpg

No other pictures.

:hfive:

Short - DX Gazelle
Long - Opto Flow

Eraser Wizard(s) to clean it all up.

Short: Archon
Long: R-Pro Boss
Challenger/APX to clean up.

It's a bummer that this is the hole for Rockburn's hole of the day because it is one of the more boring and straight forward holes on the course (although wind often plays a role here).

To short I throw an anode on a very slight anny and to long I throw a big hyzer with a PD (if the grass is short I'll throw a low skip with a destroyer).

The second photo shows what the hole used to look like. There was a wall of sticker bushes pin high to the right of the long basket extending 100+ feet out, you did NOT want to end up in there. The sticker bushes have since been destroyed so there is no fear in the ol' grip and rip to the long pin.

^boring indeed :\
pin a: close call between any midrange at all
pin b: another close call with an any driver out there

Great course, but as mentioned above, this hole is the lamest of all 18 and totally feels like a filler hole. This is the hole you feel dissappointed if you don't get the birdy(short)/par(long) and sticks in your head when you don't.

(LHBH)
Short: Comet
Long: beat SOLF on an anhyzer to flex and play the late fade back.

I mostly agree with the others who are familiar with this hole and course. For me, in the short position, I'll throw a Buzz (or any midrange, really), and on the long, I'll throw a Wraith or Flow.

Latest posts