• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 03/13/13: Buffalo Trace Park in Palmyra, IN

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Buffalo Trace Park in Palmyra, IN

Rating 3.55 from 20 reviews.

Hole #12 - Red 300' (5), Gold 390' (5)

Tip By: AdamH
This can be a tricky drive. Big RHBH shots over the trees can work if you have the arm for it. RHFH rollers also work well, but I suggest a spotter if you try that.

Long Tee Sign:
62b8fb21.jpg

Long Tee:
60cb9d26.jpg

Short Tee Sign:
d1dd2841.jpg

Basket to Tee:
0e90d0c2.jpg

a935e1fb.gif

Either tee - 05PC ZTracker, Eraser Wizard(s) for clean up as required.

Par 5 eh? for real?

hmm, maybe a zone, prob an md2 from short
spd from long. tempted to go over the top, but prob right up the gut, let the disc do the rest

Basket looks relatively well defended (depending on the angle of attack).
Long: Champ Archon, Challenger, APX... hopefuly for 3, but who knows.
Short: Champ Beast, Challenger, APX.

It is so hard to go low and not end up in that tree or off the fairway. OH can work if it's not windy, at least to get a look at the basket. I usually throw a wraith or teebird into the tree and take my 3 :)

I do not have a thumber that goes 380 feet. Either way, it looks like I have to deal with the pines. So:

Both - Pinnacle Rival low and fast

For some reason, this course makes me think about bourbon.

Either a Glo Nuke or Z Pred and hit the tree. Iron leaf, here I come.

I'd probably go conservative on both. Try to reach the edge of the trees that protect the basket, then upshot(s) and in.
Short: Pro Shark
Long: Star Teebird

Short: LHFH Teebird or maybe a little BH roller
Long: Hyzer flip a Katana or Bolt and hope it'll turn left through the gap

Short: ^^I like his idea...I'll try to pull that one off.
Long: I think I'll throw the River hard and low and just try to penetrate the tree line and get a look at the basket for a long deuce. Most likely I'll penetrate the trees and make a horrible putt and walk away with a 3.

This hole has always gotten me. I never know what to throw.
I definitely don't plan on a two, nor is a three guaranteed.

Saying this is a par 5 is exaggerated, but I would definitely call it a par 4 (at least from the long tee).

I like to throw something slow and steady that can get down the hill and have a little fade at the end. Maybe a Comet or a beat in Roc.
Hope for a clean upshot through the trees and a clean putt at the basket.

Probably a Volt from the long and a Gazelle from the short. Might sub in a River on either one. That map would be useless without tee signs on the course. I won't even start on the stupidity of course par in Indiana, because I've said it all before.