• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 05/16/13: Alimagnet Lake Park DGC in Apple Valley, MN

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Alimagnet Lake Park DGC in Apple Valley, MN

Rating 3.47 from 30 reviews

Hole #1 - 232', plays flat.

Tip By: bigbeano
Don't be too aggressive with your tee shot; if you end up too far left you'll be in trouble. There's a significant drop off as soon as the trees start to the left. Also, the basket is strategically placed in between two trees so you essentially have to be straight on either in front of or behind the basket to be able to hit it.

3ecbe2e1.jpg

Super low teebird RHBH hyzer

Gonna listen to the tip and go with a Sinus off the tee. Not too aggressive, but is definitely still gonna go left with minimal skip.

Ion? Anode? Buzzz? It really could be any of these depending on how I feel that day.

You can be mildly aggressive; I have played this hole numerous times. The trick is staying to the right of the basket. In a way it is a long but easy approach shot. The basket is protected by the tree as it basically sits in it, but otherwise this is an easy three with a high percentage chance of being a birdie.

While it is a relatively easy birdie, going for the ace could get you in trouble as the above mentioned tip about the ravine being on the left should scare you. You go down it and you are suddenly looking at a hard three, most likely a four or five. Considering this course is not that incredibly difficult, this is not how you want to begin your round. Best to take the birdie and move on to less dangerous ace runs.

With that, a calm day I am likely looking at an Ion or Anode to drive. I might consider bumping up to a M3 if the wind is coming at me.

Just do not go out too far wide right because you obviously have that guardian tree on the corner of the parking lot. And oh, there is a parking lot to your right.

RHBH Nebula - thrown flat, but taking a hyzer line... should hookand fade nicely to the left, but not as as much as a Drone.