• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 08/03/12: Pier Park in Portland, OR

The picture of the tee with the blue arrow pointing at the basket and the picture of the basket itself are of the old pin placement, which you can see on the map is only 324ft. They have extended the hole to 405ft (and apparently planted some trees in the middle of the fairway since the last time I was there). It'd be nice if the locals chimed in on where the 405ft placement is in relation to the old one.

its further back and more to the right, the slope has a greater impact on missed putts now then in the old config, i do not remember anything different with any tree planting when i was there last in June of this year...

Yikes! Like this course but only played it once. Long low RHFH with an Orion for a birdie as I remember but sounds like that's no longer an option, at least for me. :)

its further back and more to the right, the slope has a greater impact on missed putts now then in the old config, i do not remember anything different with any tree planting when i was there last in June of this year...

Ah, I didn't think they'd push it that close to 17's fairway. Last time I was there was in '08 or so. Those little trees in the middle of the fairway weren't there. It was a pretty straight forward Buzzz shot back then.

RHBH DX Leopard, try to hit the gap, maybe even see if it rolls.

I watched video of a tourney up there just the other night. Of the four pros, 3 went low and right (Including Nikko), and Wysoki was the only one to go with a forehand down the left. I may have changed some names to protect the pregnent, but you get the idea.

I would go low for the gap on the right with an Opto Saint to glide long and stable up at the end for a skip up as close as I could get.

Throw as far and straight as possible... Monarch. Then aviar for approach and putt.

I love this course!

I threw a star wraith and putter upshot - I play this one for a 3 all day. It plays longer than 405

Roadrunner flat up the left side let it glide back right, or beat Leopard with a little hyzer and let it turn back over to the right. Then a Buzzz or Wizard on the approach.

Destroyer to the right and hope for a little skip at the end. I'm finally getting to play this course with a few others in a couple weeks.