• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 2/5/2014 Eastway Park in Charlotte, NC

kevdiv48

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
Course rating of 3.48 from 43 reviews.

Hole 15, 283 feet
Course Map:
c01f107f.jpg

Tee:
fac0cd79.jpg

Approach:
e867c80e.jpg

Basket:
be53f629.jpg

Flex a FB out to the left and have it fade back toward the basket.

I'm thinking I'd power down a Champ Tern just a bit, RHBH, let it glide out right a bit, and fade back to the basket.

LHBH Prodigy 400S M2 on a flex line.

Nifty little hole. I probably only get that birdie once every four or five times. Most shots don't get wide enough left and end up getting caught up short leaving a 50' jump putt.

A RHBH spike works here too but you need to make sure it stays high enough, the rough on the right is pretty nasty.

Powered down RHBH flex shot with a firebird

Try to turn my beat 150 gram Champ Leopard into toward the basket. Probably hang it up in those trees in front of the basket.

I almost always go out to the left with a forehand with a FireBird. I almost always screw it up somehow.

Sneaky tricky hole. One of those 'often par/seldom birdie' holes for me.

I've been working on the RHBH hyzer play, but it takes more than just bombing it, there's a requirement to nail the angle, line, and depth of the shot to avoid trouble. Not my strong suit. Missing right is death.

I don't have the FH to trust the L route, unfortunately.

My highest percentage shot is to take a stable mid (buzz etc) and go right at the basket, or even get a slight L to R drift into it.

Making the tiny gap through to the basket is rare for me, but I can usually get at least to the base of the cluster of trees fronting the basket, which most of the time leaves a long but not unreasonable putt, or at least a high percentage up/down.