• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/17/2017: Lake Sylvan DGC Hole 3 in Canby, MN

fritothedog

* Ace Member *
Course Rating of 4.33 from 3 reviews.

Hole 3
Par 4
474 ft.
Plays over a hill.

Tip By: Weakest Link
Might be a good hole for a roller. Basket is directly in front of the tee over the rise. But first you have about a 240' corrider shot. before finishing the next 230'.

Tee:
6d49a45b.jpg

I think I'd throw a Leopard nice and straight up the hill and then Fuse or Pure down depending on distance left. Playing for three.

Im playing a claymore up the middle to get out of the corridor first, then depending on what the rest looks like and wind on the backside of the hill, either the same disc for my approach or a putter

I'm throwing a Comet off the tee.

Then what ever it takes to get me to the basket. Provided of course I get through the tunnel.

I would like to throw an E Element but it looks like a decent uphill shot. I'm going G* Teebird to get to the top of the hill then maybe a wizard.

Last edited:
I'm hyzerflipping a Volt here, just making sure to clear the tunnel first. Roc or Proxy from there depending on what's left.

Star Shryke flies nice and straight for me and should get me out of the corridor.

River, then maybe another one if the second half of the hole is that uphill as well. Would love a 3, would be happy with a 4.

I'm skeered. I've got a Star Valkyrie that's currently my go-to "straight forehand" disc. So RHFH Star Valkyrie at 75-85% hoping to get through the corridor and then some. Undertaker/Teebird/Firebird approach.

since the second shot will be short regardless, probably flip a Gazelle up that tunnel.

Played here a few times, great course and great hole.

You aren't getting nearly as far as you think on your first shot though.

More uphill than it looks, getting to the end of the corridor is tough even with a fairway driver. Also, the basket has multiple large trees in front of it, essentially taking away a straight approach. For the second shot, I like a spike hyzer from the right, but a sharp forehand from the left works too.