• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/16/2022: Selah Ranch - Lakeside Hole #4 Talco, TX

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Selah Ranch - Lakeside in Talco, TX

Blue 837 ft
Red 638 ft

"To avoid saying hole #7 was my favorite hole, as it is truly the signature hole, I'll say hole #4 was my favorite. It was the only "peninsula hopping" hole on either course where you could still open up and crush a shot or two if you wanted to. You still had the water danger, but could pick up a stroke with a large arm, unlike the other similar holes."

"There are two holes that standout above the rest and could be considered "signature": #7 with the island green, who doesn't love the look and challenge of that?, and #4 playing down the entire one side of the lake then finally over it. Both of these require multiple well-placed shots to reach the basket and pars from either tee are definitely earned."

"4 is just a beautiful hole that plays right along the lake. The drive is a straight shot to a grassy area by the water, followed by a second shot through the trees, or if you are more powerful than me, an approach shot straight at the hole with water covering the front. The green is lightly wooded. It is a difficult hole, but one of my favorites."

Blue Tee
22624dfe.jpg

Red Tee
987328f4.jpg

Basket to Tee
9be27b9e.jpg

VIP Northman a bunch of times.

I better throw something I don't mind losing.

Lucid Defender

Some combination of Shryke and Buzzz shots, playing safe

Couple of big hyzers with a Warbird, and probably an A2 approach too.

I took the FH line last time with a destroyer. (twice to get to the inlet near the basket, water was much higher then) Actually got through the second (or third?) set of trees and scored a 4 on this one.

I took the FH line last time with a destroyer. (twice to get to the inlet near the basket, water was much higher then) Actually got through the second (or third?) set of trees and scored a 4 on this one.

Is there a constant wind direction here?

L>R or headwind I'm going 5year Cannon (absurdly overstable) or fresh Xcal twice

R>L or tailwind I'm going Tern or Valk twice

Probably Berg and/or Clutch cleanup

If any headwind, my ESP Surge RHBH with varying amounts of hyzer to ensure no splash. Any other wind, probably risk an ESP Thrasher, RHBH, being careful not to turn it over. Then hopefully some kind of hyzer Buzzz or Teebird to the green, but more likely some kind of forehand through the trees probably with a second approach to save par.

Probably Pro Wraith RHBH Hyzer a few times. Maybe a Roc3 or Aviar to get up to the green. As long as you're not throwing into a
headwind, it looks like a fun hole.

Listed as Par 5

Red. Going for Eagle. Oh yeah.

Plan: Pharaoh Hyzer, Pharaoh Spike, putt.

Reality: Too excited, shank it right, water. Do it again, ends short. Try upshot, hit a tree. Long bid for par, leave 25' to go. Miss the scared hyzer putt, enjoy my bogey.

Blue: you get the idea.