• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/15/14 - #4 @ Sea Pines Golf Resort - Los Osos CA

namar

Double Eagle Member
Hole 4 -- 654' / 795' / 840' -- Par 4

Course Rating: 2.90
Course MAP

Tee:
ea6390f5.jpg

Approach:
ac8d5661.jpg

Basket to tee:
a627b222.jpg

I used to play ball golf on this course frequently when I lived in the area (moved away about 4 years ago). The course is in a beautiful setting on the sand dunes just south of Morro Bay.

I'd throw a sorcerer a couple times and probably spike hyzer (RHBH) an overstable fairway driver to stay out of the water. Putt with a judge for unknown over par - that's a long hole, dude.

Crazy the reviews are so low for this course. It's a ball golf course open to discgolfers and has baskets. You can even rent golf carts to make it easier to play these long holes, and of course carry more beer.

I played the long tees and threw my Opto Halo, twice. First throw straight with some flex. The next throw big hyzer. Missed the long birdie attempt from before that tree.

I'd probably throw a Valkyrie if there's no wind/tailwind, but for headwind throw a Pro Starfire with some hyzer so it pops up and carries for the tee shot, then MVP Axis to get up to the pin, probably have a longer putt that I use a Skeeter for, then Anode or Avair to finish up for hopefully par, maybe +1 or +2, depends how long I can get with the first two shots.

Long: Rampage, Crave or Motion, Clutch.