• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD Thu, 3/29/12: Pier Park in Portland, OR

This hole is one of my faves at pier. With a gradual downslope and gradual dogleg right I usually throw my leopard. After those first trees it really opens up for your second shot.

RHBH Star Sidewinder.... maybe Pro-Line Leo if its looks tighter in person but should have no problem controling the SW through that gap

I'd probably do Comet to be safe, or FH a Trak, that way if it did hit a tree it would just crumple and fall.

Im thinking safe route is z comet, but i would be tempted to RHFH a banshee, or RHBH a river to try and get closer putting/ approaching with a wizard

Yeah depending upon the other side of the hill, either an OLF or a Cobra, hopefully for deuce.

Pretty standard fairway for Pier Park in terms of trees - gotta shape those lines tight! Downhill slope isn't too bad, and there is quite a difference in the short vs/ long position (both are doglegs). As other people have mentioned, it opens up quite a bit as long as you don't end up short on the drive.
I usually forehand a stable Buzzz to get within ~30' of the pin for the short position. Backhand a roadrunner for the long.

I played this hole once, awesome course! I think i overshot it with a pro Valk, but i dont carry that disc anymore so I'll throw my seasoned Orion LF at this one.

Power down a beat Z Predator on an anhyzer line. Maybe a Z Buzzz on an anhyzer. I'd have to see the basket before I decide. I've only played this course a few times back in 2007 so I don't remember what I threw on this hole - not that it matters, my game was completely different back then.

CE valk w/ hyzer that flips over. Z buzzz on second shot. Drop in putt.

Amazing course btw. One of the very best in the NW!

Wraith sidearm for chains!

And the crowd goes wild!

smiley-music013.gif