• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 5/1/2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Clyde Fant DGC (Veterans Park), Shreveport LA.

Hole 18. Unknown distance.

ac7ad544.jpg

I'm throwing a Star Teebird RHBH through the right gap (at the people in the pix). Fade down into the valley.

Last edited:
I'd like to know the distance on this one before anything difinitive is said. Also don't know which side of the tree I want to go on. There is a pretty nice gap on the right there. Based on what I can tell, guessing that the distance is pretty long, I am probably going to throw a Surge through the gap on the right or my Surge SS to the left as the arrow shows.

This is where it all started for me and Highland Park when it was a frisbee course in the 70's and 80's. This course is in between the river front pkwy in the median, which is huge and was before a recent storm a very tree filled course for a lightly wooded one. I think TallPaul gave it a 3 1/2 or 3. It is lit up at night because of the lights from the pkwy. We would often head off to play a round at 2 in the morning. LOL

I am not sure on the distance, but looks about 330 feet or so. I might throw my beat in Star Valk and let is anny to the right a little.

I was gonna say it looks about 320 ft. I would definitely throw a forehand here considering the HUGE gap on the left....nothing to worry about over there. Probably throw my champion destroyer on a rhfh if it's over 320 with no wind. headwind I'd throw my Xcal or Force rhfh.... tailwind I might throw my champ eagle. I'm more accurate rhbh but why mess with any obstacles one the right when the left side is wide open?

Z Xpress. Will S thrown left of the trees curving around them then fading back. Long putt for me for bird, but par should be good.

ESP Xl, lhbh, going similar to the red line

Distance would help, but I would most likely go left, some type of turnover or flex shot depending on length and wind conditions. It's wide open so even a bad throw leaves an open second shot. The gap on the right seems to be about halfway out and could introduce a few unknowns.

Assuming it's 320-330 (which was an earlier guess) that would be a Gazelle, maybe a Roc if there is a bit of tailwind.

I'd throw my champ Sidewinder.

RHBH, I'm throwing my Vision to the left of that tree in the open on a similar line that's shown.

I'd go with a rhbh pro valkyrie turnover shot to the left or a low hard rhbh champ boss through the right gap looking for the skip at the end.....all depending on the wind situation.

Latest posts