• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 5/16/2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Wildwood Park in Ottumwa, IA

Hole 5, short tee. There is only a tee shot of the short tee so that's what we'll go with.

153ft par 3. Says basket is straight out but looks to me like it's slightly to the left behind the tree at the top of the hill.

43cfce18.jpg

I'm going to throw an ESP Buzzz RHBH.

S Wizard, float it in. Are you sure it's up to the left, not the basket that's out in the open on the hill just slightly to the right?

S Wizard, float it in. Are you sure it's up to the left, not the basket that's out in the open on the hill just slightly to the right?

You know, I didn't think it could possibly be that close. But now that I look at it again I believe you're right.

Ok, basket seems to be halfway up the hill very slightly to right of centerline.

Flx Challenger, released with a slight bit of hyzer, not much. Just enough to help it around the corner. Or, I might spike hyzer my Wasp.

Either my Aviar with a tiny bit of anny, (RHBH) or my Voodoo so it fades off a little to the right. I am thrown for an ace at that distance.

LHBH here - R-Pro Dart. Throw @ 80% of the normal power needed to hit that distance, giving it a touch more spin and a slightly higher line instead. With the Dart's massive amount of glide it'll float down.

Unless it's windy...

Wizard or Ion with just a touch of anny, but more or less right at it.

Can you say Ace Run? I wonder how many times this hole has been aced.

Finally, a course I've played!! ...and in my Hometown! ;) I played here last January, when it was a sheet of Ice! It is a short hole. I went with a Mako with a skosh of Anhyzer and I over shot it. ...at least it went in the right direction. On my approach shot, I came up short, and it landed under the basket and slid on the Ice about 10-15ft down the hill. lol

0129101619.jpg

This is what the course looked like the day I played here. I wasn't about to let a little snow stop me! :D This is number 8, #5 plays along the top of the hill from right to left around that Dark patch. (it's not grass, it's ice)

Course Map