• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the Day 5-23-2010

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Pronce Gallitzin State Park in PA 9 holer with some very good holes. This is probably the signature hole on the course. It's a 272 foot par 3 donhill with an uphill approach follows a S-turn pattern...would be a great RHFH flex shot. It's very wooded with dense trees off the fairway which is tigh but reasonable. When I played it I attempted an ANhyzer line which didn't work out well I turned to early and got plinked right into dense woods and had little look from there. Has a great fast green. I love when the hole of the day is a hole I have played..even better when I took the picture:)

Attachments

• gallitzin tee.jpg
    gallitzin tee.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 43
  • gallitzin approach.jpg
    gallitzin approach.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 43
  • gallitzin lookback.jpg
    gallitzin lookback.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 40
Wait it might be a lhfh flex shot or a rhbh flex either way I had zero success finding the line. If I ever travel back there I'm goona throw my star eagle on an anhyzer realeas down the chute and hope for a nice anny turn followed by a hard fade near the green area. If I could throw FH I would try that as the first turn in the fairway is pretty far from the tee in this Z-turn

Sorry, work got "official" for a little while.

I'd um.......

I think I'd simply throw an ESP Meteor RHBH and simply go for a park in the fairway. Not going for the gold or anything. I'll take my 3 (hopefully) and move on happily.

If I ever have to travel between State College and Altoona I might give this course a rip. In the meantime, I'd probably throw my E-Pro Assassin.

This might just have to be a 3-shot par three....

Probably a Voodoo or Roc to get close, then approach. I could be tempted to try beat Eagle on a hyzer release to get a late turn, but hard to tell how much room is really there to work that line.

I'd go with my Buzzz. ...and a prayer!

straight through the little gap right at the basket
RHBH - Z or FLX Buzzz, depending on the mood of the day.