• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade Carts

Doofenshmirtz

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Over the weekend my home and course saw steady, moderate-to-heavy rain and temps in the 40s and 50s. So I decided that I needed to make a disc golf cart. I have been tinkering with the idea of making one specifically for my bag (UPD Rebel) that I could just pull the bag off whenever I didn't want to pull a cart around. I had some spare aluminum pipe and sheet from a project last spring, so I ordered some wheels from Amazon and started to work.

frame.jpg

Then the wheels came in:

01-bag_cart_proto.jpg

I tested the fit with my bag:

03-bag_cart_demo_fr.jpg

02-bag_cart_demo.jpg

Then made my handle:

04-bag_cart_demo_handle.jpg

The handle is red to give me an edge over any OCD opponents.:D

I still have a few finishing touches, like end caps for the bag strap holders and I may add a bottle or stool holder, or just use the one on my bag.

Post your homemade carts!

If you have an old razor scooter laying around the front end makes a great handle setup

That's a super nice build. Check out Heyco, they will have some really nice options for end caps.

What I'd really like to get to finish off the retainer tubes is something like this closet rod end stop. I just cannot find one that fits a tube with a 1" ID for a reasonable price. I may have to make my own.

Check out Heyco, it will be worth it.

I went to the site a soon as I read your other post. Thanks for the link but they don't have anything close, and even if they did, they don't sell directly. I'll just make what I need.

Awesome work. Except for the red handle.

Check McMaster.com for the end caps.

Could you use coins? That would be neat welded in there lol.

It would have to be a pretty large coin and I'd have to figure out a way to attach it if it couldn't be welded to steel. I've decided to just cut out circles in stainless steel, weld a machine screw to it. I'll post pics when finished.

Awesome work. Except for the red handle.

Check McMaster.com for the end caps.

Thanks, my wife is insisting that I change the handle color to black.

As to McMaster.com or any other suggestions, if you want to see what will drive someone to just make their own end caps, try finding one of the items pictured below that fit 1" ID pipe.

SR1430_P_3_1.jpg

And it's not good enough to find the link to the manufacturer like Heyco or Essentra Components, you have to find a site where you can actually purchase them. The problem that I am finding is that many sellers either don't carry ones that are the right size or they do not list the pertinent dimensions, i.e., they list the OD tubing size that the insert fits instead of the ID. The closet rod end cap that I showed in a previous post is what I want, but it fits a smaller tubing size. But I can make the cap and screw part, the "keeper" will be a lot more tricky.

McMasters caries the threaded end caps, but not for tubing smaller than 1.5".

And I will probably rubber coat those end caps in black too.

i have been using modified ball golf carts, and i keep talking about making a zuca type cart to put my bag in.
this pushes me a little more

Latest posts