• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bye Bye, Cart Project

I feel forced to throw opportunity cost into that calculation now.

That's fine, as long as you expense the cost of a psychiatrist after you can no longer play since your body broke down because you had no cart and you were reduced to watching The Price Is Right which drove you stark raving mad. :gross: :gross: :gross:

OP mentioned it's worth $500 on ebay. Is that as a wheel chair, or the scrap value of the titanium?

IF it's scrap value, and you don't really need the money now, convert it and use it until you no longer want to, then sell it. I don't track the scrap value titanium, but something tells me 2-5 years from now, it won't be worth less than it is today.

Plus there's the coolness factor of saying you made your cart out of titanium..
Would carrying only Ti plastic enhance cool factor? :confused:

Sorry to hear that.

It's the value of the wheelchair. It is a model that has been out of production for awhile. The new ones are $1500+

For 5 bills, I'd sell the wheel chair. If you net something like $450 - 475, how can you possibly lose?

Then either:
a) by a new cart with the profit :thmbup:, or...
b) continue on your DIY quest and pocket the difference. :thmbup:

Plus there's the kharma of selling someone a light-weight wheel chair they might otherwise not be able to afford. :clap:

Last edited:
I truly have mixed feelings about this. I'm committed to not paying $300+ for a cart setup, and once I sell the wheelchair, that money moves into a pool of money that is earmarked for other purposes. And I still don't get a cart :gross:

I was also looking forward to the project.

^Here's where you lost me. How does profiting on cart parts kill the project?

What do you mean?

I mean it feels like you created a dilemma out of an opportunity. Regardless of the wheelchair's value, there's no obligation to spend any more than you were already planning to for your cart project.

Maybe you just meant you couldn't use the wheelchair for your project. But aren't you glad you discovered its value before hacking it up to make a cart? I'm just struggling to find a downside to any of this.

Last edited:
Seriously, talking about making mountains out of molehills....

Sell the cart. Take the $485 profit, buy the $250-300 cart you want, and put the rest in the "pool savings" account.

Why is this so difficult? You get the cart, AND an unexpected $200-250 in your pool account. Everyone wins.

Creating a dilemma from an opportunity, indeed!

IMO the 3 wheeled strollers are the best bang for your buck. I will never understand paying $350+ for a cart to haul some discs around.

Found a used jogging stroller on craigslist $20 the safety straps were broken so it was not suitable for children any more. Works great as my disc cart.

^Here's where you lost me. How does profiting on cart parts kill the project?

I mean it feels like you created a dilemma out of an opportunity. Regardless of the wheelchair's value, there's no obligation to spend any more than you were already planning to for your cart project.

Maybe you just meant you couldn't use the wheelchair for your project. But aren't you glad you discovered its value before hacking it up to make a cart? I'm just struggling to find a downside to any of this.

Sounds to me like Mike is a responsible individual. Understands how to separate "work and play", I'm sure many of us here have learned this in our time. Maybe hes found it necessary to have the fall back from his side business, in which case he can't see himself spending it.

Good luck Mike on convincing yourself to pull through and making a cart sometime! I've never seen anyone use a dolly....just strap a bag to the bottom lip, maybe change out wheels somehow. But its still pretty long.

When the day comes that I can no longer carry my bag, I'll probably quit playing.

Agreed, although i don't see an issue with someone with a disability using a cart to keep playing. It's the perfectly healthy 20 something's I see pushing their carts around that make me laugh and roll my eyes.

I used to think the same thing, until I actually got a cart. Now I wonder what the hell took me so long.