• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do I tell if a CE disc is a first run??

I have a CE firebird. On the bottom it is marked with FX. Im not sure on how to tell if it is a first run or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Here is a picture of the disc!

Attachments

• Photo0385.jpg
    Photo0385.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 37
first thing is that ALL first runs are L-molded (TL, FL, EL) second thing most are blood red and barely let any light through ( as far as opaqueness) the last thing is that the weight will be written really big over the "nipple" on the back of the disc and the mold letter will be written on the flight plate on the underside.

FWIW, that looks to be 3rd or 4th run to me.

first thing is that ALL first runs are L-molded (TL, FL, EL) second thing most are blood red and barely let any light through ( as far as opaqueness) the last thing is that the weight will be written really big over the "nipple" on the back of the disc and the mold letter will be written on the flight plate on the underside.

FWIW, that looks to be 3rd or 4th run to me.

Agreed. Although I would say maybe even 2nd run.

Are we looking to trade? :cool:

I dont agree with all above said, but the FX mold came out in the 3rd run. Alot of the 3rd run fx molds were just written with an F. Alot of people sometimes add the x to the F. 4th run ce firebirds, fx molds were really taffy. I would say yours is most likely a 3rd or 4th run.

Not all first runs were red, but you gave no love to the valks? I have 1st runs that have the weight not written big over the nipple, but just have an F on the outside, not a FL. We could get picky with stamp colors. More info on second runs, 1st run FX'x were 3rd runs so maybe he does have a first run for that mold. tricky how you interpret somethings. I'm just off my game, you could be correct on everything.

what did I miss?

it's all good john.
I said most were red. I just mentioned the ones that had L or X molds... :)
you are picky!! :)

Thanks! There is a disc golf store in my area, I will take it to them and see that run it is.

@Skunk This is a sweet disc. It is really flexible. I dont really want to get rid of it, but its yours if the price is right! Make and offer