• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you get 500+ throws??????

Wich disc is best for flat distance speed drives around 300-500ft ?

• Total voters
i can get luck and push 400 every now and then... i dont think i've ever even seen a disc fly over 500 on flat ground, maybe some big rollers but never a 500 ft flight

It have been much said on this thread but now I am going to start put up things I've learned, about how to throw far.

I am going to write about Distance.
This will maybe sound weird but to get most distance you need to have spin which gives speed and then you need a good line which gives the disc a surten turn, and then you also need to get a good disc with a surten stability that should work great to the line and then you need to work on the flow to get maximum spin which gives SPEEEEEEEEEEEED>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

:D //PRACTISE AND YOU WILL THROW FURTHER// :D

This is what i have put together so tell me if you understand what i mean

those that not know what spin does I will explain now.
In the end of the throw your wrist snaps and the disc gets spin which will make the disc to cut through the wind much longer so the disc will hold the speed much longer.
If you don`t get much spin then the wind will slow it down and the disc will drop to the ground.

When going for distance you can increase your disc speed by lowering your disc closer to the ground(almost like a seesaw when it`s up and then falls down closer to the ground (gaining speed)and then up again).This will cause the disc gain more speed.I do this almost all the time.

I meant a swing not a seesaw.I think i wrote this to fast.

How I gained 165 feet in 1 year.

2004 I could throw a magnet 100ft as maximum.:doh:
2005 I could throw it 130ft. +30 ft
2006 I could throw a XL 230ft. +100 ft
2007 I could throw a Orc 295ft. +65 ft
2008 I could throw a Surge 460ft. +165 ft:clap:
2009 I could throw a Destroyer 525ft as maximum. +65 ft

2008 I maximized my distance with 165 ft with the help of seeing other peoples forms and to watch the best distance throwers in the world on YOUTUBE.

Try to copy something from the top players forms to put to your form wich will improve your distance and remember to practise it alot to gain distance faster.

I remember Searching for distance when he only had 2 posts, not he is 8 away from Par Member :)Our little swedish baby is growing up, Awwwe

watched the vids on his page and it talks about his advances and has some video...but you cant tell how far the disc goes from the cam angle. it looked like he released at a high angle to me... i need to see what the disc action looks like when it leaves his hand before i believe he throws as far as he claims.

Yeah, I'd like to see an updated video of a Destroyer going 525'. The videos I've watched of him all seem to be on shortish holes of 300' or so. Maybe hit up a Swedish soccer field to have a known distance to gauge your throws (how long are soccer fields anyway?). How are you currently measuring how far you're throwing?

How are you currently measuring how far you're throwing?

when i throw in Husum i have a good idea how far i throw, but when i go to Umeå to compete i throw on their holes which have some holes that are 395-700ft long, so I get a better view on how far i can throw there.In Umeå there is also an open field which are about 790 feet long and 370 feet wide so i can practise there while i am visiting .

when i throw in Husum i have a good idea how far i throw, but when i go to Umeå to compete i throw on their holes which have some holes that are 395-700ft long, so I get a better view on how far i can throw there.In Umeå there is also an open field which are about 790 feet long and 370 feet wide so i can practise there while i am visiting .

hur mår du mäter? ett måttband? lasrar? i dont think du kan kasta så långt som du säger att du kan. ni borde göra fler filmer med kameran bakom dig, pekade nedåt fairway.

im assuming youre the younger one...:p

yeah you have good form (though all your shots are downhill, which isnt good for measuring).

I have to embed videos to see them so that's why I'm posting, but 340' is a long way from 525'. I parked a 350' hyzer drive with a Surge on Hole 12 of MetCenter for a tap-in birdie, but that doesn't mean I can throw 525' in an open field. I'm not saying you can or can not throw that far. All I'm saying is 350' does not equal 525' nor can it be used as proof that you can throw 525'.

Just keep throwing and try to throw the next one farther try to use stable play like a wraith, surge or a beat overstable disc that u know will come back. but u will keep growing and ur arm and body will also helping you generate more power and spin.

I just finished my 2nd year of golfing for the season and I throw about 450 to 475 consistently but I have the abilty to still pump it over 500 if need and if you play championship level courses D mean nothing if u can throw it where you want

Just keep throwing and try to throw the next one farther try to use stable play like a wraith, surge or a beat overstable disc that u know will come back. but u will keep growing and ur arm and body will also helping you generate more power and spin.

I just finished my 2nd year of golfing for the season and I throw about 450 to 475 consistently but I have the abilty to still pump it over 500 if need and if you play championship level courses D mean nothing if u can throw it where you want

video please.

Latest posts