• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you organize your discs in bag?

I have all drivers on the left side of my bag, putters and mids on the right. Within those classifications I don't sort them.

When I put discs back in after throwing them, they are usually close to the middle of the bag. Discs that I hardly use tend to get pushed to the outside. When I'm re-assessing my bag, I start on the far ends to find discs that don't get much use and probably aren't worth carrying around.

The discs I throw often on one end. The discs I carry for no discernible reason on the other end. 2 putters on the outside pocket.

From left to right I sort them by speed and then by stability starting with understable to overstable. It makes it easy for me to find certain discs quickly and for me to notice if my bag is missing any discs I may have left behind.

left to right
Overstable to Understable
Distance drivers > Fairways > Mid-Ranges

I keep my putters up top.

I don' carry as many discs as some, but I am sure more than others. I am currently carrying 2 putters, 3 mids, and 9 drivers. I arrange them as follows, the putters in the outside pocket, the main compartment starts with my mids, then my drivers arranged by color. As I don't carry all that many discs, I know what color each one is, which makes a specific disc fairly easy to find. Plus it gives a pleasing look to my bag. When I introduce a new disc, it goes right to the correct color slot. Hey, it works for me!

Happy throwing!

Rick G

I keep it simple.

Over stables on the left, under stables on the right and mids in the middle.

6008058_orig.jpg

colors are important

Putting Putter/Driving-Upshot Putter
MIDS OS - US | backup Putter as divider | Drivers OS - US

i organize by type of disc and by stability, putters on the left, mids in mid, and drivers on the right. in those groups i put understable on the left and overstable on the right. pretty simple

Exactly how I do it.

When I carry a bag my 2 putters are in the putter pocket. Then the rest 10-13 are from the disc I throw the furthest on average to the disc I generally throw the shortest. When I use my cart it's pretty much the same thing; putters, drivers, fairways, mids.

I've never had a "swallowing" problem.

I've never had a "swallowing" problem.

Now that could be twisted to mean something else completely !!

In the past I've had some girlfriends that had a "swallowing" problem, and none of them played disc golf.....alright get your heads out of the gutter and into the trashcan where they belong...of course I am referring to an eating disorder.....or am I??

NECRO THREAD!

I was reading though this thread searching for ideas. Currently I'm sorted L to R by speed going from putters to distance drivers. For ties in speed, then usually stablility next, and if tied on that or close, then glide as the tie breaker. It's been working okay, but I'm searching for something more.

Today I just packed the bag with a different idea in mind. I'm still sorting by speed, but in the main compartment of my bag I placed a divider in the middle. On the left side of the divider I've packed disc that typically go right, even as RHBH, because they're light weight, flipply, or are very understable. So lightweight putters & mids that go right with high arm-speed, super-beat-understable discs, discs with a lot of turn (like roadrunners and sidewinders)

Then on the right side of the divider I have another set running from putter(s) to drivers, but this is more for the stable and flatish discs.

I haven't tried playing with it like this though. Knowing if I want to go R or L on a throw will help me narrow down potential discs quickly by eliminating half the bag from consideration. The down side I see is recognizing if something is missing. Instead of remember all the discs in one set, now I need to remember two, smaller set. We'll see how it goes.

Main putter in putter pocket, Putt and Approach discs in left compartment, mids/fairway drivers in middle, distance drivers in right compartment. Total of 16 discs counting main putter.

Main putter in putter pocket, Putt and Approach discs in left compartment, mids/fairway drivers in middle, distance drivers in right compartment. Total of 16 discs counting main putter.

Yeah, me too. I just keep the putters and mids together and the drivers together on a side of my bag. I know each disc by color.

Though, I have a backpack bag, as a backup to my cart. I recently got the bag and loaded it with backup discs. Serves a double purpose, as a spare disc receptacle in my car and a bag for non cart friendly courses. Realized recently that I have two problems. One, I don't know the colors, so it takes some digging to find the right disc. Two, my discs are all brand new and slightly more stable that their used cousins, in my cart. Lol.

Last edited:

Yes, this is the correct way to do it. All other methods are wrong! :D
(other than having more than 16 discs, this is exactly how I do it.)

Left to right: putters, approach disc, mids, fairways and drivers. I try really hard to keep it organized through out the round, really I do. Every round starts with them all organized, but by the end the only thing that's the same is my putter pocket.

Guess I'm not all that OCD with my organization, then again, I only carry 12 discs and they are all different colors and easy to grab, so it's not that big a deal.

I try to keep my fairways and distance drivers on opposite ends of the bag, since I generally have some color overlap between them. It's pretty easy to grab a yellow Stag thinking it's a yellow Trespass. With that in mind, left to right my bag is:

distance drivers --> mids & driving putters --> fairway drivers

I also have a double putter pocket. In one pocket I keep my putting putters (both of which get thrown throughout the round rather than exclusively putted with) and in the other pocket I keep my primarily approach putters.

The only time I ever mistakenly put something in the wrong place during a round, is when I use a driving putter for an approach or an approach putter for a drive. Oh, and I typically carry 20 discs.

In my Ridge Bag, the main pocket has mids facing one way, over-stable to the middle to under-stable near the side. Drivers are facing the opposite direction, again over-stable towards the middle working towards side by stability and speed (high speed towards middle)
Side pockets for discs if I am carrying something to experiment with, and fun talking point discs, Condor and Stego currently. Top two pockets are for approach discs, heavy Wizards/Scale in low pocket, most stable at bottom. Upper pocket is for light-weight Wizards, again most stable at bottom. Putter poach is attached to RR cart handle, it currently holds my two Putting Wizards (Hemp Blend) and my large approach disc, usually a 71c* mold but with cooler weather going with a Gateway Doggy-Style.

I will notice if something is missing...

Latest posts