• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] How far should you be able to throw a buzzz?

I don't really like to throw my buzzz over 300 or so. If I need that accuracy at that distance I will go Teebird.

all i know is that E-mac doesnt really carry fairway drivers, he just throws his buzzz 350-400'.

330 ish is where I get mine.

Will throws his Roc's way over 400 though, so there must be room for improvement ^^

Open fairway I'm at about 320...tighter fairways, I usually throw them 300' and under. Otherwise I just reach for my Stalker.

On the throwing field, I can usually push my buzz out to 200-250 on a nice line. IT'S NIIIICE

I was playing Paducah DGC dubs in Feb. and overdrove the 355' 18th by at least 20' (no fancy line, just a lazer). I'd say if you can throw it over 300', you're fine.

I get mine out around 320'-340'. I push any further and the accuracy goes all wonky. But, the beauty of a Buzzz is that it handles a nice array of distances and still flies really well...

Wow, im thinking I should try and give my buzzz's some juice and see how far they go. I throw mine about 75 metres (250ft) , and I usually use them when I need a fade at the end (otherwise anything within 70 meters i go with the magnet). Suppose mentally i think of it as an approach disc, and never 'drive it'. I only throw abot 330ft consistantly though. But according to that 80% theory i could maybe get 270 out of them.

I get 285 lazers out of my buzz, but I'd rather disc up and slow down a fairway for that shot for less effort in my throws. Throwing a buzzz 90% power vs a SJLS or a river 70%, I'll take less effort all day. Anything shorter then about 275' I toss a buzz though, shorter then 200 and it gets the wizard.

Just wondering what the distance on one should be

Wind is the biggest determining factor.

I am a noodle arm, but with a tailwind, I can get it out over 300' quite easily. My Element is a little less stable than a Buzzz and I get the same result.

Latest posts