• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How I broke the 500 foot barrier

:clap: Keep the vids coming, love to see your progress!

Thank you for the kindness, it makes the haters bearable :)

I'd like to do a vid where I use HUB's water bottle wrist load idea to launch a few. That technique is legit. I deuced two holes in league that I never have before... wrist load.

Problem is my timing is off slightly again, and my form is a bit clunky to begin with... but maybe I can swallow my pride and show more of the process :eek:

How about a video of a standstill or walking x-step throw?

First things first. I'm currently editing the tape measure vid.

As far as the standstill or walking X Step, what are you looking for?

I'm not overly caught up in 'perfect form', whatever that is, I just want to put myself into the best position to win at disc golf.

Even if I catapult the disc with my junk, (which is legal by PDGA rules), all that counts is execution for me.

Last edited:
As far as the standstill or walking X Step, what are you looking for?
Just want to see some video of you not sprinting full tilt.

I'm not overly caught up in 'perfect form', whatever that is, I just want to put myself into the best position to win at disc golf.

Even if I catapult the disc with my junk, (which is legal by PDGA rules), all that counts is execution for me.
Good luck with that. Practice putting.

TYVEK, I gave you a chance to act right... now kindly GTFO of my thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlvO1aMy2V0&feature=youtu.be

Good stuff, thx! In your next vid, buy some cheap cones at walmart and place 3 at your field, 1 where you throw from, 2nd at 250, 3rd at 500ft. Then to verify 500ft, just do 2 measures of 250ft, once from each cone. Then throw from the first cone and simply walk to your disc. Even if it's off to the side and not directly at the 3rd cone it will be enough to easily verify a 500ft capable throw. And please film much closer, behind you when you throw so we can better see your form and the flight of the disc leaving your hand.

Dude...you can bomb!! Very cool, thx for backing the talk up with video, you don't see that too often around here. ;)

Sure, your shirt changed from green to yellow magically. And the chick on the bike, she's heading for the grassy knoll, I just know it. And that's a metric tape measure marked in centimeters, not feet. Let the conspiracy begin!

Dude...you can bomb!! Very cool, thx for backing the talk up with video, you don't see that too often around here. ;)

Thanks dude!

As I read your cone idea I thought another 300 foot tape would be good too. Unwind the first, pop the stake in for the second and I'm off! Discin' chums could come in handy as well...

Sure, your shirt changed from green to yellow magically. And the chick on the bike, she's heading for the grassy knoll, I just know it. And that's a metric tape measure marked in centimeters, not feet. Let the conspiracy begin!

As soon as I watched the tape the day I recorded the throw and saw the gal on the bike go by I thought the same thing! :|

In the last 12 months, someone has ridden a bike on the track only 3 times! Murphy's Law I guess.

Your avatar is great BTW.

Last edited:
:D What's that supposed to mean?? :D

It's supposed to mean that you can't take any of this seriously. Who knows who or what these people are, and letting them or their opinions negatively affect you is just silly. You threw however far you threw. Doesn't matter what any of us think.

It's supposed to mean that you can't take any of this seriously. Who knows who or what these people are, and letting them or their opinions negatively affect you is just silly. You threw however far you threw. Doesn't matter what any of us think.

That smiley-toothed icon was as close I could get to tongue-in-cheek... but yes, I agree it is silly to let others opinions affect one negatively. Is saying GTFO to someone a faux pas? Yeah, more or less.

Yet, I'm not a big fan of baseless criticism. Or being called a fraud essentially by TYVEK here and on YouTube. If my integrity is called into question and I'm in the right, it's on.

#theTruthHurts :rolleyes: