• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How is Handicapp calculated

lynum01

I am pretty new to Disc Golf (maybe 20 rounds played) and I have been keeping track of my scores on another site. It states my handicap is 27 and my adjusted score for a par 35 is 8. Is this good or bad. Most of the time I play on a short course that has a par 27 pro level and I am throwing from 28 to 31. I am happy with my scores so far but want to be able to break 25 consistently. Just trying to figure out if I am doing okay. I did play one par 35 3550 foot and scored a 37. Just trying to understadn handicap if anyone can help me.

Thank You,

Michael

Generally, a handicap system is only used for local leagues in disc golf. There is a ratings system used by the PDGA that is a much more widly accepted way to measure how well a player scores. The ratings system is based on how a "scratch" (in this case 1000 rated) player performs. From what I understand, this system is used because there is not a standardly used way to come up with par for a hole or course.

The easiest way to estimate your rating is to go to www.pdga.com and find a tournament that was played at a course you can play. Assuming the layout hasn't changed you can play that course and compare your score with one from the tournament. Every stroke equates to 10 ratings points.

I am pretty new to Disc Golf (maybe 20 rounds played) and I have been keeping track of my scores on another site. It states my handicap is 27 and my adjusted score for a par 35 is 8. Is this good or bad. [...] Just trying to understadn handicap if anyone can help me.

That would be specific to the site itself. What are you using? http://discgolfunited.com/? They have a proprietary handicap system.

As garublador mentioned many local leagues have implemented their own handicapping system. I run a weekly Mini for which I've invested a good amount of time and work to come up with a handicapping system that is as fair as possible to all levels of players. It's tough to do.

Latest posts