• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Never had a legit Ace, and I have been playing since the 90's. I have had a handful of bag empty aces, but those don't count to me. I really suck.

Hey guys Im pretty new to disc golf... I just wanted to make sure I am understanding everything... when you say hitting metal that means "hitting the pole or some part of the basket but it just didnt go in" right? and a bag empty ace means you threw a lot of discs on the same hole and got an ace eventually? Is that right? If so I think it should count for something.

Hey guys Im pretty new to disc golf... I just wanted to make sure I am understanding everything... when you say hitting metal that means "hitting the pole or some part of the basket but it just didnt go in" right? and a bag empty ace means you threw a lot of discs on the same hole and got an ace eventually? Is that right? If so I think it should count for something.

Some people count them, some don't.

just about one month here, then again, its a super short hole, probably 170ft.

Metal means hitting anything on the basket, but the disc doesn't stick in the basket or the chains (e.g. a legit catch).

Emptying your bag or hitting an ace on a mulligan is a called a Cubby Ace. Do a search on Cubby Ace and you'll get way more info that you bargained for ;) Regardless, it's fairly universally accepted that Cubby Aces are just another talking point, but nothing legit.

i've only got two in 10 years, and one was this year and only 180 feet :| plus no witnesses to that short one so i don't count it usually. but it did go in...just a very easy hole, a light turnover shot with no obstacles

my first ace was in like 20+ mph winds, with a sidewinder :\ it was the old 15 at Rogers Lakewood. pumped up and down in the wind about +/- 30 feet a bunch of times then...CHINGGGGG

Metal means hitting anything on the basket, but the disc doesn't stick in the basket or the chains (e.g. a legit catch).

Emptying your bag or hitting an ace on a mulligan is a called a Cubby Ace. Do a search on Cubby Ace and you'll get way more info that you bargained for ;) Regardless, it's fairly universally accepted that Cubby Aces are just another talking point, but nothing legit.

Thanks for the info... I have only been playing for a month. I have hit metal once (it was on the shortest hole at my local course). It was actually the first time I ever birdied, if it had gone in I would have gotten my first hole in one before I ever got a birdie.

Months?
icon_eek.gif
I am going on years:(

232 months since I started playing as a teenager. Sweet Relish! Has it really been that long? Ace coming soon, will report back. :thmbup:

My aces are in my sig. I started playing in June of last year. The second one was in my first tournament.

So for those of you that don't want to do the math, that's 5 months playing before my first ace. Then another 3 months before my first in a tournament. Haven't hit one since, but that doesn't bother me.

Took me a few years and I still only have one. I know a guy who has played for 3 years and has 25 aces. He is a freak of nature and I want to kill him.

Latest posts