• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Still haven't got one-8+ years and counting. Hit metal twice and have hit numerous 100+ ft putts. Don't think I'd officially count an ace unless it was at least 225' or so-but hell maybe I would;)

Still haven't got one-8+ years and counting. Hit metal twice and have hit numerous 100+ ft putts. Don't think I'd officially count an ace unless it was at least 225' or so-but hell maybe I would;)

Marv, one thing that helped me was, don't try for an Ace, just try to park it for a birdie, and the ace will happen automatically. When I am trying for an ace, I screw up the shot. When I am just trying to land close, the ace happens.

Hit my first few aces with Whamo's in the first year I played in 1981. Didn't play much until 86-88, a friend and I played every chance we got during season and racked up the aces at the local pitch and putt with these new type disc. I can still recall the day when my buddy "Ace" hit 5 and I hit 3. Mostly with Coupes and XDs. Took another break and started up again in the mid 90's and and hit the occasional ace. Didn't play much after 1998 until 2009. Since then I've I have hit 4 aces, 3 under 180 ft and 1 at 220 ft. Can not say how many aces I have in my bag, maybe 20 or so. Never aced in a tournament and the longest is only 220 ft but I am working on it.

Got my first while on vacation this week!

Wasn't expecting this past Sunday to be the day that I hit my first ace... but it was. Hit it on #3 at Cloverland Farms DG... a simple, 155', open hole. It still felt great. I knew I made a nice shot right out of my hand, but didn't expect it to go in until the last instant when I realized "this has a chance." But I've had that feeling many times before, just to see the disc pass right in front of or behind the chains. So when this on actually hit and stuck, I was thrilled!

So, at 4 years and 4 months into my disc golf career, I hit my first ever ace with my 171g, orange, Star Aviar P & A on a slight RHBH hyzer line. She will not be retired as she's my "go to" approach disc on many shots.

26+ years and still none. Even played course in Tri-Cities for about a decade with tone poles instead of baskets and never hit one. Some day! :)

not counting what I assume would be a cubby ace in a warm up before a round (i.e. I threw a couple)

it took me 3 years of playing until I got my first...that would be this year

I've now had 4 this year (2 tone 2 basket)

weird how that works

I still have not had an ace. Hit chains on a couple of occasions and one bounced off the top. My buddy I introduced to the game hit an ace in 6 months of me showing him how to play. He still can not beat me in a round tho.

I play once or twice a week for about two years now, before that I played maybe once a year. I had my first (and only) witnessed ace when I traveled up north and caught a weekly game at Crane Creek (241ft hole #4) in May. Before that my only aces were while I was throwing multiple discs practicing at my local courses in Norco and Rancho Cucamonga.

Last edited:
Not expecting one anytime soon, if it does happen, I will be the most surprised person on the planet. 13+ years (with a 8 year layoff that just ended).

2 years for the first one (Got it on New years Eve!) and 18 more in the past 4 years. They get easier after that first one goes in.

I played with a guy recently who started last March. He has SIX! Sounded far fetched at first, but after just one or two holes I realized this guy is the real deal.

Well, I've been playing since April and I play 4 or 5 times a week. This passed weekend I was practicing for my first tourny on an unfamiliar course (Dry Creek in Cheyenne, WY) the day before the tourny. We got lucky and played with a group of locals in a dbls tourny. I got my very first ace on hole #12 and then my second ace on the very next hole #13. Is that crazy or what???? It sounds made up but I did have 4 witnesses including the tournament director. I think its gonna be a while b4 i get anymore but I sure do have a story to tell. Its just a matter of time but hang in there, its an awesome feeling.

I play once or twice a week for about two years now, before that I played maybe once a year. I had my first (and only) witnessed ace when I traveled up north and caught a weekly game at Crane Creek (241ft hole #4) in May. Before that my only aces were while I was throwing multiple discs practicing at my local courses in Norco and Rancho Cucamonga.

That reminds me, I've had no aces so far, but within my first year I saw 3 aces. Two were by good friends of mine and one by a guy who I just played a round with since we were both playing alone anyways.

took me about 6 years to get my first one then the very next hole i hit chains and was all over chains for about a month after the first, the second was a year or so later, that was all during my days of being right handed, i havent had one in the 6 years or so since i had to switch to left hand although i have been having some real nice runs the last couple of months...

Latest posts