• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] How many distance drivers do you bag?

4 or 5 Destroyers. I also carry 4 Thunderbirds. Not distance drivers but they do go far.

Thumber/Forehand
Star XCal 175g (Way Overstable) or C PD2 175g (Way Overstable)
Star Firebird 175g (Overstable, FAF, way beat in)
Champ Orc 171g (Stable with Fade, FAF)

Distance Drivers
Star Destroyer 170g (Slightly Overstable)
GStar Destroyer 168g (Stable)

Control Drivers:
Star Valkyrie 175g (Neutral)
Star Valkyrie 170g (Understable)

Still struggling with a stable to slightly overstable speed 9/10 compliment to my Valks. Gonna give a Star Thunderbird a chance at that slot.

Still struggling with a stable to slightly overstable speed 9/10 compliment to my Valks. Gonna give a Star Thunderbird a chance at that slot.

The Thunderbird might work well, but Star Thunderbirds seem to be more OS than Champ Thunderbirds, from my own experience and from what I'm reading.

For overstable-to-slightly-overstable, you might give a Gold Line Saint a chance. Once it seasons in, it should be really good.

The Thunderbird might work well, but Star Thunderbirds seem to be more OS than Champ Thunderbirds, from my own experience and from what I'm reading.

For overstable-to-slightly-overstable, you might give a Gold Line Saint a chance. Once it seasons in, it should be really good.

The Star Thunderbird I have definitely is overstable, much closer to a Firebird than I expected. I'm looking for beat in Star Thundy as I prefer Star over Champ.

I've thrown Saints before and found them to be straight to slightly understable (like slightly faster beat in Star TL). I'm looking for a disc that will hold hyzers without popping up and will handle some headwind.

Very rarely do I carry anything fast usually a firebird for os and mongoose for us.. Once in a blue moon I carry a 150 gstar tern which just absolutely bombs but not always worth extra 30 feet.. Teebirds a leopard and then rocs and putters

I only carry three at all times, rarely throw them though.

Lucid Trespass for hyzerflips/turnovers/tailwinds.
Bio Enforcer for straight stable shots.
Lucid Enforcer for more overstable shots.

If i play longer courses i bag a few extra Enforcers, might bag a Opto Stiletto if the wind is really kicking but most times my Fluid Enforcers are enough.

Depends on casual or tourney rounds. Tourney - Carry tour bag with 1 Very Over Stable, 1 Over Stable, 1 Stable and 1 Understable. Depending on conditions and course may carry a back uo of any of these and may also change the configuration a bit.

Casual - Carry a crunch bag with 1 Over stable 1 stable and 1 understable.

Practice - All of them!

Usually 3 or 4.

Currently: 3x Giants for wind and shots I can't have turn too much and a Lucid Trespass for max D.

Also have a Lucid Escape for long tunnels and if I have enough room it can go really far.

For long open courses:
VIP Sorcerer
Fission Photon x2
Blizzard Destroyer
Star Destroyer
Quantum Scorpius
Star XCaliber

If I'm playing a short technical course like The Sinks, then none.

Home courses are pretty wide open, so I carry three outlaws for fh, fh rollers, straight hyzers. one beat to snot icon rampage for max distance and some bh roller shots. one less beat pinnacle cannon for some other max d shots (it is a bit more stable than the rampage), right now I also have a pro destroyer because I am worried about losing the rampage and that thing glides for daaaaaays.

1 for casual rounds- lightweight defender

3 for tournaments- heavy defender, lightweight defender, heavy Z crank

Don't really carry distance drivers, mostly fairway drivers. Teebird, Breakout, Volt, Diamond. I just don't have the arm speed to use anything beyond speed 8 or 9.:eek:

Don't really carry distance drivers, mostly fairway drivers. Teebird, Breakout, Volt, Diamond. I just don't have the arm speed to use anything beyond speed 8 or 9.:eek:

ditto. no distance, 4 fairway. diamonds and leopards.

Latest posts