• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many holes at Badlands (Denver)?

How should Badlands/Blair Witch courses be listed?

• One 27-hole course

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Separate 18-hole and 9-hole courses

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

ERicJ

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I see that someone has recently changed the Badlands DGC info from 18 holes to 27 holes.

I've only been there once and while there is an 18-hole course and a 9-hole course I only played the 18-hole course. But from talking to some of the locals while I was there and reading some of the reviews it seems like this should be split into two separate course listings on DGCR.

The two courses ("Badlands DGC" and "Blair Witch Project") have very distinct characteristics and reviews of them individually would probably be more appropriate and accurate.

Also, it seems that many players only play the 18-hole course. At least no one has logged a round with all 27 holes played on DGCR. Given that DGCR only reports course score averages when all the holes are played it would seem in the best interest of both courses for them to be listed separately.

For those of you that have played this park what are your opinions on that topic?

ERic

If they are two distinct courses like you say, I would split it. I don't know anything about it though so hopefully someone better informed could add the 9 hole course and switch the Badlands listing back to 18 holes.

I only remember seeing 18 holes when I played about 4 months ago. But then again I was exhausted, dizzy, and being chased by the Mutant Lost Disc Monster from the nasty pond at the end of my round. So my memory might be a little hazy.

Seriously though, if there's another nine there, it should be broken up as 18 and 9.

I live in Denver and play the Badlands course often. In my eyes, I see them as two different courses. The "Blair Witch Project" hole #1 is in between holes #12 and #13 on the Badlands course. They should be listed as two different courses as there are many times that I only play the Badlands 18 or sometimes just go to play two rounds of the 9-hole "Blair Witch Project" Course.

These are two different courses that just happen to be at the same park, that is all!

Agree... split 'em.

So who's going to take the reigns here? :) Someone just needs to add the 9-holer to the site and switch the other one back to 18. I'd do it but you guys seem more in the know.

Cool. I updated the names so they get counted as one park in the near by courses list.

GPS coordinates for each updated to first tee locations.

The signs at the course imply that they are two separate courses. The back 9 or Blair Witch Project starts numbering the holes all over again with 1. The tough part about it is that few people will just play those nine holes as they are far from parking. Plus you may was well warm up with 12 holes of the 18 hole course first. Still I think they are two distinctly different courses, both fun in thier own right.

The Badlands should be listed as a 27 hole course because of where the Blair is located within the course (between holes 12 and 13) it would be great if hole 13 for Badlands were hole 1 for the Blair and then move on from there..i think because of the lack of resources ie...trash cans,signs,baskets the witch may stay its own for many years to come...still a great course either way but ronnie needs to figure out what he wants to do with the temp holes. cause its confusing a lot of the newbies to the course.
Aces,
Erik