• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many of each mold do you carry?

Most of my duplicates are my mid ranges and putters at x3 each. I did just order a second firebird, though.

I don't carry much more then 1 of each mold usually with the exception of I carry 2 voodoo's (1 organic, and plain old SSS). I also have 2 beasts (a 175 star, and a 167 DX for water holes on my local course). Other then that the rest of my bag is all 1 offs. Buzzz, Buzzz OS, Warship, Heat, Destroyer, Apache, Assassin, and an Inertia. I'll be testing out an element and a warrior that may be added shortly.

Full bag includes:
4 Leopards
3 KC Pro Rocs
2 Teebirds
2 Valkyries
plus 10 singles

4 Leopards??? :confused: Please explain why you bag that many.

Prolly for the same reasons you use to defend bagging 4 Destroyers and 4 Teebirds, and I do for 5 Squalls...and I don't even roll any of my Squalls. For me, the more neutral, the more it makes sense to have several. But that's just me, and they are them, and you are you.

I wasn't hating at all, I was just curious. I personally can't justify carrying that many understable fairway drivers. It may be because I throw sidearm a lot though. My four Teebirds all fly differently. I carry a Brinster (overstable), seasoned 12x Champion (Straight), beat 12x Champion (understable) & another 12x Champion for just overhand shots. Its the same with my Destroyers, they go for overstable to understable. Four Leopards cover different levels of understable? It just seems excessive to me. I was hoping he'd give me a unique answer like he has one in each plastic (Star, Champion, Pro, DX). I know Champion Leopards start out stable out of the box. I enjoy hearing what discs other people bag & the reasons they carry them. I especially like hearing other people's opinions when they differ from my point of view. That opens me up to new ideas & allows me to consider new options. Forums are meant for sharing information.

DiscinFiend: You answered your own question, but I'll confirm ...

1 beat DX Leopard that does gorgeous right-finishing hyser flips to turnovers, BH roller with a big S and strong right finish, good grip when wet and dry; doesn't like left-to-right or headwinds but works great with right-to-left and tailwinds.

1 Pro Leopard that will drift right on a slight hyser release, long anhyser flights that don't fight out, BH roller with moderate S and right finish, good grip when wet, excellent grip when dry; go-to Leopard when it's not windy.

1 fairly new Star Leopard that is straight on a flat throw with a very slight left finish (it will curl left on landing), it can skip a bit if needed or not, beautiful long anhysers that will just start to fight out for flat(ter) landings; good grip when dry, not so good when wet; go-to Leopard when it's breezy.

1 Barry Schultz - Tim Selinski US Masters Champion Glow Leopard that is overstable (for a Leopard) that finishes left for RHBH, will skip a lot on a slick surface, works lovely sweeping hysers, works a very tight flex line, lands flat on long sky annys, longest BH rollers of the Leopard bunch and can be made to cut roll left, decent grip when dry, poor grip when wet; will handle moderate left-to-right and headwinds.

Caveats: Primarily Carolina woods golf; I'll throw Leopards for 260-310 unless something tells me a Roc or Teebird would be better; FH (with any disc) is only dependable out to ~250 (need to work on it); flat-and-straight and anhysers are my best shots. Lastly, Leopards are great discs!

Last edited: