• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many of each mold do you carry?

I carry 5 FDs. 3 C-line ( 1 beat neutral, one slightly OS 5th run and one OS 2nd run) 1proto P-FD, and one D line.

I carry 3 truths. Two prime and a lucid. The lucid covers neutral duties and the primes cover US.

Typically 2-3 of each mold. In some cases I prefer to carry a similar (but different) mold instead of a beat version. Like carrying a Comet instead of a beat Ghost. Right now:

4 Wizards
1 Scale
1 Comet
2 Ghosts
1 Gator
3 Patriots
2 PD's
2 Firebirds
3 Outlaws

3 XLs
3 Vipers
2 Fugitives
1 Wasp
2 Shields

If I could throw farther I'd have more...

2x Clutches
1x Clozer
1x Z Zone
2x Gauges (Icon and Pinnacle)
3x Ghosts (Protege, Pinnacle and Gravity)
1x Champ Stingray
2x Rival (Pinnacle and Glow)
1x Phenom (Glow)
1x Champ Banshee
1x Firebird
2x Nemesis (Legend and Glow)
3x Outlaw (2x Pinnacle and Legend)
1x Opto Bolt

There are a few singles in my bag, but for multiples:

3 *DS
2 SPD
2 QOLF
2 QJLS
2-3 Rocs
2 Wizards

Then to round it out:

1 FB
1 TB
1 Q-Sentinel
1 Comet
1 Tank
1 Aviar

However, when I think about "multiples" I really think about families built of the same parts (for consistency of feel and related flight characteristics):

FB, SPDs, and QOLFs all share the same 1.9 cm Firebird-X wing.
TB and QJLSs share the same top.
Tank and Aviar both share the same Aviar P&A wing.

So the only real outliers are the Q-Sentinel and the Comet. However, those are both larger diameter, lower-profile, faster beaded mids. So they're sort of a pair unto themselves as well.

I carry some singles.

Multiples are

2 kc aviars/1 star aviar driver.

3 pd

3 pd2

3 gazelles

That's a full bag. If I pare it down, it's more like 2 gazelles, 2 pd, 2 kc aviar.

3 Wizards
1 Voodoo
1 Zone

1 Mako
1 Atlas
2 Rocs

1 Leopard
3 Teebirds
1 Sidewinder
1 Firebird
2 Orcs
1 Starfire

Mostly one of each mold. I might have putters in baseline and premium, such as Zero Hard and Opto Pure, Classic and Fluid Warden, or Classic Blend and Lucid Judge.

I enjoyed comparing 5yr old posts with current sigs to see how bags have evolved.

Yes this is always interesting. I remember one post I had from 6 months ago where I preached that people should carry as few discs as possible... but things have changed! I do think buying/throwing new plastic is one of the fun things about disc golf!

As for this thread, I only carry more than one of a couple molds: McPro Aviar x 2 (because I like having two putters at similar stages of wear), Buzzz x 2 (usually a Z and Big Z), Nuke x 2 or 3 (I own more, but bag different weights/stabilities), sometimes 2 Predators (beat/new Z) and/or 2 Comets (Ti and Z).

Wizards x 3
Comets x 2
Buzz x 2
TeeBird x 3
Firebird x 2
Wraith x 2

The rest of the bag is comprised of singles and depends on the course or weather

Magic
Suspect
Drone
Roadrunner
Destroyer

Outlaw climbs to the top of my most mold list, now with four: First Run Icon, Second Run Icon, Legend and Pinnacle, last one just came in the mail today, sadly won't get a chance to air it until Saturday at the earliest :mad: . Maybe I should pick a Production Run just to see how it flies :D .

6 Wizards
4 Rocs
3 TeeBirds
2 Firebirds

3 x Pure (Putt - Medium Zline) (Approach - Soft Zline) (Drive - Opto)
3 x Tern (Medium Stable to Understable)
2 x Destroyer (One beat in, One very stable PBM 5 wins)
2 x Zone (ESP for skip, Soft X for stick)

I could use an extra new Volt for more stable flicks, and an extra Buzzz just for backup.

4 Rocs
2 Leopards
3 Teebirds
2 Beasts
2 Wraiths

On more open courses I will carry 2 sidewinders for rollers and take out one of the leopards, I will also add a really overstable wraith for headwinds.

I carry 4 pds all in s line one beat, one worn in, one for forehands only, and one fresh one... I think this is pretty typical for this forum but too many does get really excessive. Do I need a FH only Pd, no but I don't want to abuse my treasured ones with my FH. I find myself consistently reaching for 2. I also have 3 roc3 in varying stages of wear, but they are all completely necessary

4 Leopards??? :confused: Please explain why you bag that many.

Prolly for the same reasons you use to defend bagging 4 Destroyers and 4 Teebirds, and I do for 5 Squalls...and I don't even roll any of my Squalls. For me, the more neutral, the more it makes sense to have several. But that's just me, and they are them, and you are you.

Prolly for the same reasons you use to defend bagging 4 Destroyers and 4 Teebirds, and I do for 5 Squalls...and I don't even roll any of my Squalls. For me, the more neutral, the more it makes sense to have several. But that's just me, and they are them, and you are you.
I wasn't hating at all, I was just curious. I personally can't justify carrying that many understable fairway drivers. It may be because I throw sidearm a lot though. My four Teebirds all fly differently. I carry a Brinster (overstable), seasoned 12x Champion (Straight), beat 12x Champion (understable) & another 12x Champion for just overhand shots. Its the same with my Destroyers, they go for overstable to understable. Four Leopards cover different levels of understable? It just seems excessive to me. I was hoping he'd give me a unique answer like he has one in each plastic (Star, Champion, Pro, DX). I know Champion Leopards start out stable out of the box. I enjoy hearing what discs other people bag & the reasons they carry them. I especially like hearing other people's opinions when they differ from my point of view. That opens me up to new ideas & allows me to consider new options. Forums are meant for sharing information.