• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to build my bag and what brand

I bought a leapord 3 speed 7 star plastic disc and a leopard speed 6 eco-plastic disc about a month ago. I have been playing with them and I am having trouble getting the speed 6 and 7 to hit the speed where they travel strait, but I can throw my avenger SS 9 speed .5 fade consistently strait and not to the point where it becomes overstable.

I watched a YouTube video of a guy who said that a person should be able to throw a fairway driver 300 feet before they needed to switch to a maximum distance driver. I'm starting to doubt that comment. Interestingly since throwing the leopards I have had poor consistency throwing my Avenger... no fun.

Any comments on disc speed and the way these discs should fly? I have ripped them perfectly and they go flat for me, but it is a rare occasion at that. I have practiced 3 times within the past 5 days and havn't been able to improve my throws. Any thoughts?

When I see a beginner throwing 225 I like to recommend three, well technically four discs. A putter they like×2, a 170ish esp Buzz, and a 170ish dx leopard. Throw them alot before you start buying tons of plastic, trust me. One day you'll wish you didn't have 80+discs in a tote in your garage.

I may only throw 225, but I feel that I am really throwing my best and my form is good. I've watched several driving videos on YouTube and have changed my form several times. When I throw the Avenger SS I can feel it rip out of my hands as I let go. I've had this disc the longest and it took me 2 years to be able to throw it like I can now.

why I thought straight

The reason I was discussing how long the disc went straight for was because I was under the impression that if I threw slower discs I would throw them further and they would stay flatter for longer. Which is why I thought going from and Avenger SS to a Leopard 3 and Eagle would follow those characteristics. I am seeing how I can throw the eagle and am going to find a way to use it in my bag. I was able to throw 250 pretty regularly the other day. I would be satisfied with 300 ;)