• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to get the stickiness off?

Lanzer913

Par Member
after the dye is complete and i remove the vinyl there is still sticky residue left from the vinyl on the disc. how do i get that off? Anyone else have this problem?

Goo-Gone. Live it, love it. On opaque plastics, rinse the disc off and let the dye set for a while before doing this so that none of the dye smears around and stains the image.

Goo-Gone. Live it, love it. On opaque plastics, rinse the disc off and let the dye set for a while before doing this so that none of the dye smears around and stains the image.

i thought i had read somewhere about this, glad i asked i will let it sit up a bit before using some goo gone. Thanks again.

I've read somewhere that if you put the disc in the fridge, it sets the dye quicker. I usually play a few rounds with the disc and the stickiness comes off eventually.

I rinse my discs in cold water, while rubbing them with the green side of a softscrub sponge to ensure all the 'extra' dye is rinsed off. Dry it off real well with a paper towel, then will wash it w/soap & the green part of the sponge under warm water to remove the vinyl residue.

I only use Goo-Gone if there is a lot of residue left after doing the above.